It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: SilverStone KL07: Perfect case?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:49 am 

Old thread but has anyone used the drive caddy to suspend their HDD's?

Out of all the current cases available to buy, the KL07 drive caddy looks big enough to suspend 2 drives with bungee to totally silence any vibrations. *Can the Define C hold 2 suspended HDDs? doesn't look big enough to me.

Also, the PSU shroud doesn't have any vents above it to allow heat to escape so I'm worried my Superflower Golden Silent 500W fanless PSU will only allow heat to escape through the side vents. If there's room for a 120mm fan below the 2 140mm front intake fans, would the air pressure (from a slow rpm fan) be enough to push air the entire length of the shroud?

I'm coming from an Antec Solo II with elastic suspended drives, 2 120mm Nexus front fans and 1 Nexus 120mm rear all on temperature controlled motherboard set fan curves for lowest rpm.

Post subject: Re: SilverStone KL07: Perfect case?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm 
-- Vendor --

davemuk wrote:
Also, the PSU shroud doesn't have any vents above it to allow heat to escape so I'm worried my Superflower Golden Silent 500W fanless PSU will only allow heat to escape through the side vents. If there's room for a 120mm fan below the 2 140mm front intake fans, would the air pressure (from a slow rpm fan) be enough to push air the entire length of the shroud?

You can fit another 140mm fan below the two included front intake fans. Since there is a drive cage in the way, you probably need to seal off any gaps and hole on the PSU shroud to make sure all the air can push through.