1x/16x/PCI riser card for the Silverstone LC11?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

REMF

1x/16x/PCI riser card for the Silverstone LC11?

Post by REMF » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:29 am

Silverstone appear to be very flexible with the LC11, first adding a 300W PSU and then an option for a PCI-E adaptor for its AGP/PCI/PCI riser card.

However, we are now at the stage where AMD mATX boards get really interesting with the advent of the low-power dual cores, but the majority of the nVidia AMD mATX boards come with a 1x/16x/PCI/PCI configuration, which is specifically disallowed by Silverstone as incompaitable.

take a look:
http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forum ... ead/91660/

even the majority of older s939 nVidia mATX boards had a 1x/16x/PCI/PCI configuration, it was only a few of the early 61x0/4x0 boards produced by the likes of Foxconn that had a 16x/PCI/PCI/PCI configuration and could therefore be used in a LC11 case. I myself have an MSI K8NGM2-FID board in my Sugo Evolution case with a dual-core 3800+.
I am now in the market for a dual-core mATX HTPC and reckon the LC11-M would fit the bill perfectly, but i am a bit hamstrung by the problems with expansion cards outlined above.

What i would suggest, and would be delighted if SST implemented would be a new riser card that had a 1x/16x/PCI configuration, as this would be usable with the majority of the newer s939 boards, and most AM2 boards that i have so far identified. I don't know how common this motherboard configuration is on intel mATX motherboards, but i have already seen a few that are the same as the AMD boards, perhaps it is becoming a standard?

anyone know of any details on this?

regards

R3MF

REMF

Post by REMF » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:39 am

reply from Silverstone:
Hi R3MF, thank you very much for your interest in SilverStone and for the feedback. Currently we are not planning to support LC11 with additional riser card configurations, but if the demand does increase dramatically, we may change our mind.

For going dual core, there are still Socket 939 CPUs and there should be SLI capable micro-ATX motherboard coming soon that will allow at least the first two slots to line up correctly with LC11.

xxxx xx
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.
it would be nice if we knew about some AM2 mATX SLI boards coming along.......................

but cheers for the reply anyway.

R3MF

borrible

Post by borrible » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:55 am

This is exactly what I'm looking for my LC11 case, a 1x/16x/PCI/PCI riser card. I couldn't find anything on the web.

Maybe someone here on the forums has any idea if such a riser card exists?