Need advice re Antec Plus 660AMG ATX Mini Tower 330W TruePwr

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

mcginn

Need advice re Antec Plus 660AMG ATX Mini Tower 330W TruePwr

Post by mcginn » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:12 am

I'm hoping that one or more of you will tell me if the Antec Plus 660AMG case is a reasonably or quite "quiet" case-with-power-supply-and-fan. Thinking of having Central Computer in San Jose build me a PC, want it to be quiet (no audible hum or whine, but hearing a bit of air moving is ok) and they recommended this case. I'm ignorant as far as reputations of the cases is concerned so I'd appreciate hearing any views as to whether this would be a good choice (@$89) for someone who hates PC noise. Right now I have a DELL Optiplex GX110 sitting under my desk. The computer to be built will be simple, as I only do word processing, spread sheets, and surfing. Many thanks for any input you can provide![/list]

Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:37 am

I just replaced a 660Plus AMG with the Sonata. So far the 660plus was just as quiet and my components were running cooler than they are now. No real complaints about the 660, I guess I was taken in by the "Hear the silence" Antec put out on this case... I'm thinking of selling it, if anyone is interested, please PM me.. Maybe I'm wanting it TOO quiet, I don't know..