Opinion on fan placement Solo/P150

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Callous

Opinion on fan placement Solo/P150

Post by Callous » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:06 am

So the Solo or P150 has 1 120mm case fan venting hot air.

Now, directly parallel to that is my giant ninja heatsink with fan blowing into the fins, on the other side is the Solo fan blowing out that hot air.

Question:
Is it better to have the stronger fan blowing INTO the heatsink and slower fan blowing out of case? Or is it better to have stronger fan blowing out of case and weaker fan blowing into heatsink.

Ideas and reasons please

kater

Post by kater » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:32 am

my first thought would be - experiment :) see what it's like in any of the setups, see (hear) which one is louder, wich one is more efficient, check the temps

personally, i don't think it will matter much, but i'd go for the stronger pull fan and weaker push fan on the ninja - maybe there'll be less 'used' (heated?) air left in the case with such a configuration? dunno...

i've had my lovely p150 for a few days now (yeah! finally!) and only had time to see how my ninja works passive - and it works fine (cpu is weak tho)

what about the psu? is it the NeoHE? or one with a 12 cm fan in the bottom? that would also play a role here. a psu with bottom intake will hel evacuate some air, while sth like a NeoHE will (should?) create a kind of a duct - i'll try this next weekend myself as i think my s12 should operate better (quieter) than the NeoHE supplied with the case (even tho i already ducted it) - hehe, i offtopic'ed here, sorry :oops: i just get carried away every time i think of my new, lovely p150 ;)