(I've lurked on SPCR for a couple months now.
Here's my first foray into the discussion
A few comments about the B0221....
1. Plenty of space to suspend HDD in the CD trays...could even suspend a fan(s) to blow on the HDD a la Adding a fan to the NoVibes III
if you're concerned about the air flow on that side of the case or the increased temps that come with suspending a HDD.
2. Might want to consider turning the PSU fan around to blow into
the case to get proper convection cooling on that side of the case...though I realize you'll be pumping some of the PSU heat into
3. Anyone have thoughts on the need for an exhaust fan on the drive side of the case? I realize that more fans=more noise.
4. Seems like the mobo side of the case will get good convection cooling with the combo of a low-volted 120mm front intake and either just the vent on the side panel or a low-volted exhaust fan on the side panel. I wonder if the position of the side vent lends itself to having a CPU fan that pulls air a la the Alpha 8942
...thus blowing it right out of the case. Though, powergyoza makes a good point that this review shows the exhaust outlet covered by damping material.
5. I think the front bezel on the mobo side of the case is going to be rather restrictive unless some plastic is cut away. I'm surprised that a server case has such a tiny intake slot for that 120mm fan mount on the bottom of the bezel.
6. I'd consider, once the cables are run between the two sides, sealing up the hole that runs between the two sides of the case, thus producing two separate cooling flows/chambers.
7. Has anyone seen a reseller for these cases in the USA? Is the USA model have a different model #? I see that the Yeong Yang website
as the American reseller, but the YY0221 listed at Gigacase
looks like a different model. At least it shows a different front CD rack setup.