I like the cosmetics of the SLK3700AMB

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

QuietMind
*Lifetime Patron*

I like the cosmetics of the SLK3700AMB

Post by QuietMind » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:18 pm

I purchased an Antec SLK3700AMB case based on Ralf Hutter's posts and am very pleased with it. There have been many comments about its cooling and mechanical properties so I wanted to add one about its cosmetics.

The color on the Antec web site is advertised as "Metallic Bronze" but mine doesn't look bronze at all--it's a sedate grey. The finish is the nicest I've had on a computer case; it reminds me of metallic paint on a car. The front bezel is plastic, and doesn't have the same finish as the rest of the case, but the color is matched well.

All in all it's a very handsome case.

My second one arrived today and I'm about to order a third.

:arrow: The case does not come with fan mount holes in the standard places. I had to drill my own in order to replace the stock fans. I used a 11/64" drill bit to accomodate E-A-R ISODAMP Fan Mounts.

QuietMind
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by QuietMind » Sun May 11, 2003 1:52 pm

Having received my cases I'd like to warn you that two of them arrived with damage to the plastic bezel. Fortunately, I had ordered them from Directron and they replaced them for me.

I'm guessing Antec needs to do a better job of packaging these cases.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon May 12, 2003 11:02 am

Antecs' packaging problem seems to extend to the Sonata line as well. Several people have received them with broken fan mounts and bezels too.