Case with Dampening Already Applied

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

crazyox

Case with Dampening Already Applied

Post by crazyox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Is there a good case someone can reccomend for cooling that is also got dampening material or some type of characteristic that will compare to my old generic case that had carpet underpadding applied to to to the max. ( I can't believe my system never fried with that padding plus all fans at 5 volts...underclocking I guess (XP 1700+ underclocked to 1100 Mhz with 100 Mhz front sidebus

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Hello,

The Antec Solo has thick steel sides with a damping sheet already installed. The Antec 182 has composite side panels with three layers: stainless steel, plastic, aluminum. There are others too, probably, but these are probably the best cases at the moment.

crazyox

Post by crazyox » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:55 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Hello,

The Antec Solo has thick steel sides with a damping sheet already installed. The Antec 182 has composite side panels with three layers: stainless steel, plastic, aluminum. There are others too, probably, but these are probably the best cases at the moment.
Thanks. I assume these are without powersupply. Will a fanless powersupply work on account of fan option for case cooling of these two cases

CountChoculaBot

Post by CountChoculaBot » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm

The P182 should definitely work with a fanless PSU so long as you leave a fan in the lower chamber. You could replace it with a 500RPM slipstream and it'd do the job w/o making any noise at all hardly. The Solo... I dunno. There's no airflow to the PSU, but I'd assume that fanless PSU's are made to tolerate that since, after all, 99% of cases don't have airflow directed to the PSU in any way.