Chieftec USB2 and FireWire

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

MGP

Chieftec USB2 and FireWire

Post by MGP » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:41 am

Does anyone have any idea how to enable the (2) USB 2.0 and (1)Firewire ports on the Chieftec Dragon cases? The each shielded wire leading from each port splits up into numerous little black plastic connectors (like the power, hd activity connectors from your case to mobo). Anyone successful at figuring this out?

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Chieftec USB2 and FireWire

Post by aphonos » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:48 am

Your mobo manual should have a pinout diagram of the connections.

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:49 pm

^^^^ Yep.

MGP

Post by MGP » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:09 pm

i'm sort of confused in what you mean...my mobo manual does not specify any extra usb2 pinouts outside of the 2 included in the rear bracket (with the kb, mouse, etc ports) and two pci-bracket mounted ports that add eight extra usb2 ports. these brackets have wires that connect to the mobo. i thought of connecting the case's usb2 connectors to the mobo, but they dont seem to fit.

in addition, I have a firewire pci card with an extra port "inside" the case (not offering on the pci bracket area). is there anyway to utilize this with the chieftec case's front-mounted firewire port?

somebody

Post by somebody » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:49 pm

If the USB connetors physically do not fit, then you are out of luck. What is causing them to not fit? Doesn't the case come with instructions for these connections?

MGP

Post by MGP » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:03 pm

nope. :D

aphonos
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aphonos » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:49 pm

MGP wrote:i'm sort of confused in what you mean...my mobo manual does not specify any extra usb2 pinouts outside of the 2 included in the rear bracket (with the kb, mouse, etc ports) and two pci-bracket mounted ports that add eight extra usb2 ports. these brackets have wires that connect to the mobo. i thought of connecting the case's usb2 connectors to the mobo, but they dont seem to fit.

in addition, I have a firewire pci card with an extra port "inside" the case (not offering on the pci bracket area). is there anyway to utilize this with the chieftec case's front-mounted firewire port?
Might help if you told us the model of your mobo and 1394 card.