No news on new Antec cases

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

grnarrow
Friend of SPCR

No news on new Antec cases

Post by grnarrow » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:08 pm

I emailed Antec and tried to find out if there was an updated version of the slk3700amb in the works. After a couple of days, I got a response, but it wasn't too helpful:
antec customer service wrote: Actually, we have a number of products in the works at the moment. I am not
aware of all of the details on any of the up and coming products and have
not yet been given any specifications on any. Again, I am aware that we are
developing a number of new case enclosures, however I currently do not have
any details on any of those products. I'll keep your email on file and as
soon as I receive more info: on up and coming Antec case enclosures, I will
let you know.

Regards,

Shawn Carroll
Customer Service
510-770-1200 ext. 361
I'll guess I'll go ahead and put in an order for the 3700 tonight. Tomorrow you can expect there will be an announcement of a new Antec case that is a silencer's dream. :wink:

GamingGod

Post by GamingGod » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:10 pm

I know what you mean, If they would advertise up and coming products it would save people alot of trouble.

karmasalad

Post by karmasalad » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:48 pm

GamingGod wrote:I know what you mean, If they would advertise up and coming products it would save people alot of trouble.
But it would also potentially cannibalize sales on their current models, so I can understand their standpoint as well.

Antec did just release a new case though, the Minuet, as part of its lifestyle series. It's a slimline PC case; looks like it's geared towards HTPC applications.

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:18 pm

karmasalad wrote:Antec did just release a new case though, the Minuet, as part of its lifestyle series. It's a slimline PC case; looks like it's geared towards HTPC applications.
So there is news on new Antec cases after all, despite the title of the thread :-) Thanks for the info.

Though we may not know the specifics of new Lifestyle series cases, at least we can guess the names. Let's see. Symphony, Concerto, Aria, Intermezzo... OK I think I exhausted my very limited knowledge of classical music.

Google did turn this up : Pianissimo = very quiet. So at least now we know what that super quiet dream case will be called. Or at least what it should be called :-)