Can't afford AcoustiPack Deluxe is standard ok?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

WannaOC

Can't afford AcoustiPack Deluxe is standard ok?

Post by WannaOC » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:35 pm

Title says it all, in terms of silence per dollar, the deluxe is just way out of my reach but I do want some silence from my pc. Would the Standard be enough? Maybe combining it by putting some brown bread under the pads or something simlar?

cliche

Post by cliche » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:44 pm

I'l quote you someone who used the standard (from aria.co.uk's website feedback), this may help u

I've fitted this to my case and the difference while not astounding is noticeable, the pack comes with a notice telling you that while the adhesive rubber layer is thermaly efficient the foam sound absorber isnt and therefore heat build up will be almost inevitable, however i cant say that i've really noticed any significant change. To fit this you will need a sharp knife or scissors and some patience, the material itself is deceptively heavy and there is more than enough for an average to medium sized case. Once exposed the adhesive surface would stick to water given the chance so exposing as much of the surface to be covered is a good tip for fitting. For the money i was hoping for a greater change in noise levels but i won't say that its not a good buy, however packing foam would probibly have much the same effect, with the only down side being that it doesn't have an adhesive backing. So if your pc is screaming at you, consider changing you cooling fans for silent ones first, if you just want to get a slight but noticeable drop in db's then this could be for you.

By Andy on 17/06/2003 20:25:14