SilverStone Milo Build

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

alexh

SilverStone Milo Build

Post by alexh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi all,

Building a simple system (no gaming) with the following components and want to make sure all the bits fit.

Asus P8H61-M H61 Micro Atx
Intel Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge 2.4GHz
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250

Looking for a simple, low profile case and SilverStone Milo seems to fit the bill.
With this case a short PSU is required, I saw that SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W SFX12V is recommended.
The power on this unit is way overkill but I don't see what I can do unless I go with a case meant to be used with picoPSU and those don't seem to be common.

I'm not completely sure if I need a 75mm fan or 45mm height fan (case external height is 4.13") but the latter is satisfied by
Silverstone NT07-775
Scythe Big Shuriken

I have built a similar system before and I could not hear any fan noise but I could hear the HDD head noise occasionally and it can be annoying. I'm aware of the methods to reduce noise but some of them require 5.25" bays or 2.5" drives in 3.5" bays (I'm thinking of suspension systems). The latter is OK if this is the only way to kill the head noise.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit - after searching, I realized the solution to using a picoPSU in an ATX case is to simply make or buy a blockoff plate so I suppose it's non-issue on which power supply to use