Cooler Master Silencio 650

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Cooler Master Silencio 650

Post by rpsgc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 am

I'm intrigued as to why there is no talking about this case here. Is the Silencio 550 that disappointing that no one is interested in its follow up?
(I searched the forums and found no reference to it)

Product page:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6841

Microsite:
http://www.coolermaster.com/microsite/silencio_650/

Some reviews:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Cool ... ncio_650D/
http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-ma ... 50-review/

CA_Steve

Re: Cooler Master Silencio 650

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 am

I saw the reviews earlier in the month. Looks nice. Seems pricey. :D

mkk

Post by mkk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:48 am

Too expensive and drive mounts are still piss poor. Other than that it looks much improved. :lol:

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am

If I'd be looking for a case like that, i'd go R3. Much better style with nearly same functionality and on top: You save some bucks.

Mr Spocko

Post by Mr Spocko » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Well it looks ok but for me size was an issue hence I went with the Sileo 500 last year and I'm quite happy with that choice overall.
Bar tweaking about on a few bits (rubber feet) and making my own dampening for the HDD area (it was ok as it was but needed some work for vibration measures)
Price does seem a bit high on this one IMO too high, previous models were quite decent bang per buck wise for the quieter case enthusiast.

This is just my own view but I've come to really dislike pc cases with doors on the front and as most of the recent quiet caes are of this type I simply have a very limited interest in them

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Das_Saunamies » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:35 am

Good to see the Sileo/Silencio bloodline being continued. Not sure if it's got what it takes to leap into the premium price category though, predecessors worked in the budget category.

Thanks for the heads-up!

kellym2

Post by kellym2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I saw many of the reviews over a month ago, although I haven't seen it for sale yet.

elknudo

Post by elknudo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I own the case since 2 weeks and overall i love it. I never had the p183 or anything similar so i cannot compare.
I did go for the Silencio because it doesn't have a side fan (and no hole for one) like the R4. That would have been near my graphics card which is the loudest component.
Its a great case for a silent case because it has 5 fans so the work is divided between them and they can relax at low RPMs. And 3,5 of them are covered (2 front 1 bottom 1 top).
The slidable cover on the top fan does his job. The effect is not that big but it helps as a curtain against noises from the inside.

But here are a few cons:
- the range of the integrated fan control is to small. The lower end lets the fans run at about 1000rpm (according to my ears). So it's not working for the people in this forum. Also the sliding trigger really only switches between high and low.
- cable management is hard because the space is very small.
- two of the rear slot covers were so loose that they made sounds when the HDD started working resulting in a very loud metallic sound.

I have to say the temperatures seem pretty low compared to my older case, which had many more open/meshed spots.