Fractal Define Mini and HR-02 Macho

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

nervx

Fractal Define Mini and HR-02 Macho

Post by nervx » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Does anyone know if the macho with included fan will fit in this case and if so how much room is left over if any? Do you have to remove the side fan foam cover to make it fit?
The specs on the fractal site say the case can fit heatsinks up to 160mm and the HR-02 is 160-162mm.

My backup case choice is an R4. Would that be a better option since it has 140mm fans? The case is replacing a p180 mini which im not sure can handle the heat. Im using high end parts since i game but also like a very quiet computer.

asus 670gtx
asus V gene

Steve_Y

Re: Fractal Define Mini and HR-02 Macho

Post by Steve_Y » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

The HR-02 Macho and fan fit with a few mm to spare, but the top of the heatpipes and large TY-140 fan will push into the foam covering the side vent.

What I did was reverse the side panels, placing the one with the fan hole on the other side of the case. The foam just fits in the cavity behind the motherboard. The downside is that this can complicate cable routing as it's already pretty tight back there.

For what it's worth, I think the Define Mini is a really great little case.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Fractal Define Mini and HR-02 Macho

Post by Das_Saunamies » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 am

My U12P leaves light imprints on the foam at 158 mm tall, so even 162 mm should be no problem. Think of it this way: you're getting a free cooler prop that'll keep the mobo from sagging under one of those behemoths! :idea:

... just be careful when closing the side panel.