Lian Li PC-C60 or SilverStone GD08

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

MorePower

Lian Li PC-C60 or SilverStone GD08

Post by MorePower » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm starting to make plans for a HTPC but can't decide on what case to get. It has to be either the Lian Li PC-C60 or SilverStone GD08. They both look identical from the front. The only thing with the SilverStone is that it seems cramped inside but I think it has better ventilation than the Lian Li. The Lian Li has only two side 140mm intake fans which I guess isn't so bad if you want an silent case. The SilverStone has front bottom and side fans. I do want this HTPC to have some horsepower so I don't know how the temps will be like.
Anyone have these cases and what are your thoughts on them.

CyrIng

Re: Lian Li PC-C60 or SilverStone GD08

Post by CyrIng » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 am

I got a GD08 one a few days a go ; I find it to be a perfect case for my HTPC & Games setup.

pro:
* There is enough clearance for my noctua NH-C12p heatsink ( things I was not sure with a C50 and even a C60 )
* Room for 10 HDD :P
* Quiet, according to my taste

against:
* " Too many screews " until the motherboard tray : I changed the one of the back face with black thumb screws : looks nice 8)
* Quiet heavy, especially when you handle it bellow the TV

My setup is a microATX one with the following componants
  • MB : ASUS Rampage II Gene
    CPU : Core i7-920 slightly overclocked
    HS : Noctua NC-C12p 120mm fan
    RAM : 3 x 2 GB OCZ DDR 1.5V
    STORAGE : ICHR RAID0 3 x 1TB Black Caviar
    OPTICAL : DVDRW Pionner : this one is old & lound : must a changed by a good Blueray: need advices folks :?:
    PSU : Silverpower 500W not modular : ok with GD08 but not a very good cable management
    GPU : Gigabyte HD48500 fanless : however I did put a 120mm fan closed to it
I put pictures and measures in my blog

Cheers, CyrIng
France

MorePower

Re: Lian Li PC-C60 or SilverStone GD08

Post by MorePower » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 pm

I picked up the Lian Li PC-C60. Awesome case. I will probably get the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe mobo and the Noctua NH-L12 CPU cooler. I just don't know what memory to get with this setup. I don't think I can use up all 8 slots because of the height restriction of the Noctua.