Is the PSU and case noisy in the Lian Li PC-Q02B ?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

guermantes

Is the PSU and case noisy in the Lian Li PC-Q02B ?

Post by guermantes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 am

Hi,
I tried to use the search function but found no mention whatsoever about this not-so-new case (weird?) so I'll venture a question:
Lian Li PC-Q02B comes with a 300W PSU. Does anyone know if it is a noisy piece of work or not? I am not aiming for a quiet computer by SPCR standards, but it is to be a surf/work/music computer for my 70+ parents so I want to minimise noise that could become intrusive in their small apartment.

I was thinking going Fractal Design Node 304 plus Seasonic 460 fanless but it is serious price-cut to choose the Lian Li PC-Q02B instead. Lian Li could also go on the floor under the desk while the Node 304 probably will have to go on the desk I presume.

I will run the integrated graphics on a i5-3450 so no noise from graphics card. If necessary I will add a Big Shuriken 2 or a Kozuki. No HDD, just a SSD in the system.

What do you think? Should I go for the 200€ Node 304 setup or the 80€ Lian Li PC-Q02B setup?

EDIT: I also considered Antec ISK310-150 but then got the impression it would be noisy? I can't remember why I got that impression, though.