Questions about Antec NSK-3480

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

vitamin1

Questions about Antec NSK-3480

Post by vitamin1 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 am

Hello everyone,

I'm building my first mATX system and have already all components except for case. Here's what I have:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P rev.3.1
cpu: AMD Athlon II X2 240e
heatsink: Thermalright True Spirit 90M Rev.A
ram: Nanya 2GB DDR3
hdd: Samsung HD502HJ
gpu: Sapphire HD7750 Ultimate (fanless)
psu: SeaSonic S12II-380W

The case gives me bit of a headache because I cannot find one that would fit my requirements: cheap, good quality, small. Antec NSK-3480 is actually nearly perfect expect the fact that it's hard to get on second-hand market (unfortunately new one is too expensive for me). But there are few things that I'm not so sure about this case:

1. Can I install my SeaSonic psu in there? I mean, will it fit without any problems?
2. Will airflow be good enough for cooling my graphics card, and other components?
3. Will it be silent?

I'd appreciate it very much if somebody could answer those questions? And if there are some other cases that I should also consider, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for help.

edh

Re: Questions about Antec NSK-3480

Post by edh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 am

The NSK-3480 will be fine for those components. The PSU swap will not be a problem so long as you route the cables tidily. Airflow won't be a problem and you can always use the 2 92mm flots at the front of the case if you wish to increase cooling. It should be quiet enough. The PSU and HDD are each going to make a bit of noise and something to be careful of in the NSK-3480 is to make sure that the HDD is properly isolated, the rubber grommets included are good but only if used properly.

vitamin1

Re: Questions about Antec NSK-3480

Post by vitamin1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:55 am

Thank you for your reply and confirmation on this case. However, today I found another alternative for my mATX build. If I only get Asus M4A88T-I motherboard, I could go with mini ITX case. That would be even better for me, as I really want to have a small and portable PC.