Corsair 760T - Kinda freakin cool!

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

quest_for_silence

Re: Corsair 760T - Kinda freakin cool!

Post by quest_for_silence » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:16 pm

~El~Jefe~ wrote:a super low fan or using 2 fronts which go over the hd is not a bad idea. My hd temps are ultra low. Longevity of my gear and data is paramount to all things. In the past I have placed a ultra low rpm 80mm fan on the hd facing it flat on 8)

El~Jefe, while I may agree on several points, if you ever had that a single HDD overheated in any regularly sized tower-style case, you mistook sort of a furnace for an ATX enclosure.

~El~Jefe~ wrote:I havent even switched to SSD. There are so many questions about how to make a ssd live longer.

Which questions, if I may take the liberty to ask?

~El~Jefe~ wrote:If a HD dies, you can pay someone to pull most of the data off. SSD dies, i think its toast.

Mostly correct: but that's why back up exists, isn't it?
Moreover data recovery never came for cheap (so that only business-class users may afford it: but those surely will have backups).

~El~Jefe~ wrote:I want to put a 512gb samsung 840 PRO in this sucker, but i dont even trust that. and that is supposed to be long life.

Check Techreport (or XtremeSystems) SSD-torture tests: most worries are overrated, almost like either heaven existence or features.

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 pm

quest_for_silence wrote:Mostly correct: but that's why back up exists, isn't it?
Moreover data recovery never came for cheap (so that only business-class users may afford it: but those surely will have backups).
+1

And back in the days when CS601 was a good case, we would not use any intake fans at all. We even cut holes in the bottom of our trusted cases because intake areas were to small or non existent.

But intake fans? :shock:

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am

~El~Jefe~ wrote:
If a HD dies, you can pay someone to pull most of the data off. SSD dies, i think its toast.
2 words 4 u. regular backups. :wink:

but ive still not lost a single bit off any hdd/ssd since i gave up on striped array (and raid in general). knock wood.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 am

backups is not a bad idea. I need a drive for that. I guess I could get a new drive and use my older drive as a backup.

I have a lot of data most of it is music. 300 gb of music :(

antiatavist

Post by antiatavist » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Graphite Series™ 760T is kinda ruined with the windowed sides.

Never understood why companies make cases with transparent sides, who the hell wants to look at the ugly components..

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:30 pm

antiatavist wrote:Graphite Series™ 760T is kinda ruined with the windowed sides.

Never understood why companies make cases with transparent sides, who the hell wants to look at the ugly components..
but with no windows how can i keep track of fluffy??!

dhanson865

Post by dhanson865 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 pm

~El~Jefe~ wrote: I want to put a 512gb Samsung 840 PRO in this sucker, but i don't even trust that. and that is supposed to be long life.
I have a Samsung 830 and a Samsung 840 Pro, using each as a boot / only drive in two different PCs. Rock solid, not an issue with XP or Win 7. I trust them way more than I do my traditional hard drives.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 am

~El~Jefe~ wrote: i don't even trust that. and that is supposed to be long life.

trust it with what, didint we just talk about backups?? [scratches head]
I trust modern ssds as much as rotational ones now. maybe even more in certain applications. carputers/laptops/media players/ or anything thats exposed to high heat and or large vibrations.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:29 am

More heavy plastic less ticking, less resonating and less sound transfer. They make musical instruments out of metal and not plastic for a reason. My 3 years with acrylic cases has shown how great heavy plastic is compared to metal. Also, I have keep a rather tidy interior. Sometimes I even put some mood lighting in :D THis case is going to get some mood lighting. I will probably do red and yellow interior lighting and some white cable management.

You can wrap all your wires and make them look snazy too.