dumb questions about the evercase

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

rtype

dumb questions about the evercase

Post by rtype » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:45 am

As you guys know this is the top case recommended here at silent pc review because it's cheap and has good air flow:
http://www.evercase.com/Products/e4252.htm

As some of you know, it is available for $26 from Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.a ... E4252W005A

So, here's my first stupid question. The one pictured on Newegg seems to have the side fan mounted over the video card area whereas the one reviewed has it mounted over the cpu area. I see a bunch of options on the Evercase site but not on Newegg's site. Can this case be ordered with the hole above the cpu from Newegg or somewhere else similarly cheap?

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:27 pm

Newegg sells hard drive brackets and doors with windows for the Evercase.

The vent goes over the CPU. Just built one last week. Got it from Newegg.

futureweaver
Friend of SPCR

Post by futureweaver » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:11 pm

Mine doesn't look like the picture. The perforated area is much larger, and it's possible to position the internal vent at various places within it. Not quite directly over my CPU fan - too low - but I've offset the fan down anyhow to get some aitflow over the NB, so it pretty much fits.
Last edited by futureweaver on Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtype

Post by rtype » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:28 pm

What I'm thinking of doing is mounting the Thermalright SLK900U with a 92mm panaflo on an Asus mobo and trying to duct the ait to the side fan (presumably the shortest distance) leaving the rear fan to help with motherboard cooling. Is this something you would recommend or will space be too restrictive?