GMC Neo Classic in Europe!

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Cams
Friend of SPCR

GMC Neo Classic in Europe!

Post by Cams » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:35 am

I finally found a place that sells Neo Classic cases in Europe! (Germany to be precise)

Neo Classic Case

Thing is these don't seem to be modded for noise at all; I mailed them to ask (I don't read German) and they said there are no sound damping materials in the case. I wonder if they have the silicon coating?

However since a big part of the attraction for me is the front panel with IDE, I'll probably go ahead and order anyway and buy some damping materials while I'm at it. The same store has a Coolermaster set, Dynamat Xtreme and NoiseControl MagicFleece kits. What would be recommended?

Thanks,
Cams

Cams
Friend of SPCR

Post by Cams » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:38 am

I got my NeoClassic case through this morning, along with a NoiseControl MagicFleece general kit to fit myself.

The case didn't come with any internal damping materials, nor does it seem to have the silicone coating. It also didn't come with the fans I've seen in various reviews, nor the colour coded screws. And it doesn't have the nice colourful sticker on the front either. It's a bloomin' rip off.

So I'll need to start researching fans now, and fit the damping when all I really wanted was the case as seen in the review. Grrrr...

Cams

Cams
Friend of SPCR

Post by Cams » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:32 am

I spent an hour this afternoon fitting the Magic Fleece into the case and did some research on fan controllers to undervolt the four panaflos I've got on order. I also clicked a link on the forum for fan mount isolators in Europe and was suprised to find that the shop is actually in my home town in Scotland!! I didn't even know! I'll be back home in a couple of weeks, so I'll have to wait a while until I get my case up and running. I'll probably buy a fan controller and isolators at the "local" shop.

So my trek to silent computing is hopefully nearly complete! It's only taken me about a year!