Rosewill Legacy W1 drive cage experiences?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

kullboys

Rosewill Legacy W1 drive cage experiences?

Post by kullboys » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:45 pm

Hello everyone
I'm considering this case for my build after reading the system guide here. Only problem is I'll be using one 3.5" green drive in addition to 2 SSDs so I will need to use the drive cage. Does anyone know how good it is since the guide does not cover it? I read from other reviews that it does have some dampening materials but how is the vibration? Does the drive cage get in the way of the intake and what's the effect on temperatures? I'm trying to see if I can achieve a similar noise level as the SPCR build despite adding the green drive.

In the recent SPCR review of the Antec P100 it was mentioned that perhaps the non removable drive cage was the cause of higher temperatures and poorer performance which is why I'm a bit concerned.

By the way the SPCR guide missed that the fan controller is actually three speeds with 5/7/12 volt options.
Thanks.

BrianL

Re: Rosewill Legacy W1 drive cage experiences?

Post by BrianL » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:29 am

kullboys wrote:Hello everyone
I'm considering this case for my build after reading the system guide here. Only problem is I'll be using one 3.5" green drive in addition to 2 SSDs so I will need to use the drive cage. Does anyone know how good it is since the guide does not cover it? I read from other reviews that it does have some dampening materials but how is the vibration? Does the drive cage get in the way of the intake and what's the effect on temperatures? I'm trying to see if I can achieve a similar noise level as the SPCR build despite adding the green drive.

In the recent SPCR review of the Antec P100 it was mentioned that perhaps the non removable drive cage was the cause of higher temperatures and poorer performance which is why I'm a bit concerned.

By the way the SPCR guide missed that the fan controller is actually three speeds with 5/7/12 volt options.
Thanks
Trust me this is awesome. From my experience, this is one of the best products from rosewill.

Regards,
Brian.