Ive found Antec 3700BQE's in England!

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

RikA

Post by RikA » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:47 am

Still no sign of it here (didn't arrive yesterday). :(
I'll call xcase today, I think (no response from my numerous emails!)

update - Interlink Express say nothing due for me today either. :( :( :(

pelago

Post by pelago » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:25 am

Oh dear, I feel a little guilty recommending this firm to you two guys now, given your problems... ;-(

All I can say is that I did get my case from them, so they don't appear to be ripoff merchants. I agree their customer service could be improved, with online order tracking, for example.

RikA

Post by RikA » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:36 am

pelago, don't feel guilty. I did check out google and usenet postings to see what their reputation was like - and there were some mixed reports, but most seem to say they were alright.

Update - I've phones XCase, and spoke to Ian. He was very helpful, and confirmed my order was despatched, and so I should have it by now. He said he would go and find out the consignment number of my order and chase it up for me.

update2 - I have a consigment number, and Interlink express comfirm that my package was sent on the 17/11/2003 as an overnight service. However, (and I quote) "they have no idea" where my package is now.
:roll: why do these things always happen to me? I've had couriers leave packages on my doorstep, fling them in my garden, sign for them themselves, and even take my package to the wrong Country (!). Well, I can now add 'completely lost my package en route' to the list. :cry:

update3 - Xcase say they have got one there that has been returned from interlink express "which could be mine". they say they will check with their local depot, and in the worst case will send out the one they have for me to arrive tommorow. Hurrah for xcase! but booooooo for Interlink Express.

Seal

Post by Seal » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:54 am

wasnt your fault pelago.

anyway, my turn:

Ive phone xcase too! Spoke to some guy dont know his name, apparently the lady that sorts some of the orders has been off sick with the flu for a few days which is probably why theyve been a little late with their orders lately. He confirmed my payment went into the accounts and said he would despatch it for me to arrive tomorrow morning!

edit: forgot to say, i asked for a consignment number and he said he'll get me one if i call back later or tomorrow morning.

yay, i hope i get it 2moro :)

RikA

Post by RikA » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:13 am

Interlink Express slost my case, and now Xcase won't have stock until Wednesday. They offered me a Sonata or a refund (or a wait until wednesday). I went for the refund. :(

I'm going to place another order in the next day or so! (fingers crossed this time!)

Seal

Post by Seal » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:42 am

YAY!!! wuhooo i got it at last, next day as they said to me. got me new 160gb sata hd today too!!! bloody dremel got delayed till monday tho... im gonna go have a play now :)

davidstone28

Post by davidstone28 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:29 am

www.Overclock.co.uk are selling now as well.

moving shadow

Post by moving shadow » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:29 pm

RikA wrote:Interlink Express slost my case, and now Xcase won't have stock until Wednesday. They offered me a Sonata or a refund (or a wait until wednesday). I went for the refund. :(

I'm going to place another order in the next day or so! (fingers crossed this time!)
Why dont you just get the 3700AMB, its on overclockers for £60, i ordered mine monday morning and had it tuesday...better case in my opinion as the front intake isnt obstructed by the sideways drive cage :)

Seal

Post by Seal » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:03 am

the BQE is based on the amb, but we didnt get it for a few reasons... the amb fan vents are very restrictive although ive heared theyve updated it lately... also its white which makes it look not as nice. oh yeah and also you get a smartpower quiet psu with the bqe.

as for akward drive cages:

:)

RikA

Post by RikA » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:59 am

Well, I finally got my 3700BQE! (I ordered from www.kustompcs.co.uk in the end - and they despatched the same day as I ordered, and it arrived the next day - top service!!)

Anyway - I do have one observation - when I opened it up, I got a rather painful shock from the PSU (!?). I dismissed it as static, but then when I had finally put everything together, I noticed that the PSU was very noisy and pumping out lots of hot air. After I replaced the PSU with an old(ish) thermaltake Silent Purepower, then whole thing is MUCH quieter - and cooler!

I wonder if my Antec PSU is/was faulty - or if my Thermaltake PSU is simply better?! ANyone else have any problems like this?

Seal

Post by Seal » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:26 pm

Hmmm my antec psu was quite good, its ver yquiet at first bootup and starts getting louder as load goes up. I prefer my old modded psu though.