PowerSnooze Acoustic Material

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

sfu

PowerSnooze Acoustic Material

Post by sfu » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:45 am

Has anyone every tried any of this?

Ive already got the Akasa Paxmate and am wondering if the PowerSnooze on top will be worth it?

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:08 am

PowerSnooze...

That's what I do on Monday mornings.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Re: PowerSnooze Acoustic Material

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:31 pm

sfu wrote:Has anyone every tried any of this?

Ive already got the Akasa Paxmate and am wondering if the PowerSnooze on top will be worth it?
This guy has.

chrono

Post by chrono » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:18 pm

how well does the Paxmate work? Im interested in dampening my case, and I've considered the paxmate or powersnooze. i would much rather spend 20 on paxmate than 65 for powersnooze (cnd).. but im not sure how much of a difference either one will make.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:29 pm

chrono wrote:how well does the Paxmate work? Im interested in dampening my case, and I've considered the paxmate or powersnooze. i would much rather spend 20 on paxmate than 65 for powersnooze (cnd).. but im not sure how much of a difference either one will make.
I think if you do a search here you'll find that most consider the Paxmate fairly worthless. MikeC may have written about it in his dampening article as well, but even if he didn't the article is worth a read.

bigred
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by bigred » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:19 pm

I've tried PaxMate, Dynamat, AcoustiPack and PowerSnooze. The first two are basically worthless. The last two work quite well. I think I may even prefer the PS over the AP. Their foam and rubber components are virtually identical, yet with PS you get more material for 50% the cost...

wumpus
Patron of SPCR

Post by wumpus » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:30 pm

pax.mate isn't bad, but your system would have to be VERY noisy by SPCR standards for you to hear a significant difference with it. I got some to play with, and I like it (for the price), but the difference for an already quiet system is basically negligible. I agree that you can do a lot better.