Anyone with Silverstone Lascala LC-02 experience?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

mudboy

Anyone with Silverstone Lascala LC-02 experience?

Post by mudboy » Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:51 am

I'm looking at the Silverstone Lascala LC-02 as the foundation for a PVR. Does anyone have this case, and can you comment on its quietness? Also, on the pics I have seen of the back of the case, it ALMOST looks like you can mount port D-brackets (i.e. firewire, USB) along that top rear of the case, above the I/O shiled. Is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks

Pete

simbloke

Post by simbloke » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:48 pm

I've just ordered one, I'll let you know in a few days. If I forget then remind me!

simbloke

First impressions of the case

Post by simbloke » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:43 am

Quite good :)

It's all aluminium except the internal tray that the HD & CD sit on. The front panel is quite thick and sturdy but the rest is thinner. It's not up to the built like a tank Coolmaster I have at work but I think it's good enough.

There is room above the IO plate to mount more connectors. I'm using a Mini-ITX board which leaves loads of space inside the box at the front, I could fit another HD or two!

The box comes with one PCI and one AGP riser that can both be fitted at once. If your motherboard doesn't extend under the PCI card are there's space there for something else. I'm thinking of a heatsink for my DVB-T card. You should be able to get some connectors into this space too.

As for the noise, I don't yet know. I'm waiting for the RAM to arrive before I turn it on.

I can post pics next week if it'll help.

Sim

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Re: First impressions of the case

Post by lenny » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:06 am

simbloke wrote:I can post pics next week if it'll help.
Yes please!

mudboy

Post by mudboy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:33 am

OK, I ordered the case yesterday for $159 shipped from Newegg. All I need now is a laptop CD-RW/DVD drive.

Pete

simbloke

The pics

Post by simbloke » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:52 am