Alert: Team MacOSX shows life

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:15 pm

speedfreak wrote:Team MacOSX dwarf.
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to fold we go.
FYI, on the MacOSX forum I referred to Team MacOSX as "Maczilla and the 331 dwarves" :lol:. Those with a sense of humor, such as speedfreak, are having a bit o' fun with it. :D

David

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:44 pm

You'll be banned again for being disagreeable. :) Well, censured.

M

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:48 pm

Nah, we like David over there, where we can keep an eye on him. ;)

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:13 am

Keep your friends close, but your enemas closer! :wink: Thanks for the draft! About time to pass on the inside shoulder! A little bump and run! :) Fold up, up, up and away!

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:09 pm

22 EOC Folding@Home Team
23 SilentPCReview Folding@Home -6,256 04.8.04, 8am / 8 Days
24 Team MacOS X -6,971 04.9.04, 2am / 8 Days

At this rate we may yet take EOC first... Are you feeling it? The race is on!

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:21 pm

NoahJ wrote:22 EOC Folding@Home Team
23 SilentPCReview Folding@Home -6,256 04.8.04, 8am / 8 Days
24 Team MacOS X -6,971 04.9.04, 2am / 8 Days

At this rate we may yet take EOC first... Are you feeling it? The race is on!
Hmmm, EOC is saying 15 days till you overtake us, but since that is based on a 24 hour average, it's slow to reflect recent changes in output. I have to admit, it's not looking real good. Do us a favor, will you NoahJ? Make it merciful and quick? :cry:

David

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:17 pm

I would not have it any other way. :)

We are not there yet, but at least my efforts were not in vain. Good things come to those that wait, and wait, and wait...

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:21 pm

Boy, you guys sure had us worried! We all figured the server had some sort of meltdown with the lashing you guys are taking! That or you took the forum server offline so it could do nothing but folding in order to TRY to keep up with our blistering pace! :lol: See, we really DO care! How do you spell relief? F-O-L-D!

speedfreak

Post by speedfreak » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:43 pm

The dwarves are growing into a mighty army of folding power.

HI HO, HI HO, ITS OFF TO FOLD WE GO!!

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:11 pm

Let's see 47 new 'dwarves' to your 1 today. Who got dwarved here?! :lol: Just a little bit of trivia for you David. I know you are partial to numbers. :wink: Don't worry, Maczilla is still stomping along too! Oh no there goes Tokyo! Come on, sing it with me! Surely you know the words! Yo BOC can we have some lyrics here please?! Fine, here you go karyoke fans!
With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he’s got to go
Go go godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes tokyo
Go go godzilla, yeah

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:32 pm

Macaholic shitteth us not. EOC shows 47 new users for Team MacOSX today.

03.31 47
03.30 13
03.29 4
03.28 9

Oh well, life will go on. We will still overtake EOC in about a week, and The Knights in a couple of months, while the Mac guys take on their arch rivals Macrumors.com

David

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:07 am

Hmm, seems the only way we would stop this onslaught now is to merge with EOC.... perish the thought!

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:00 am

wgragg wrote:Hmm, seems the only way we would stop this onslaught now is to merge with EOC.... perish the thought!
You know, a while back, I thought it would have been awesome if we merged with KWSN, just to hold back those Mac guys. Plus with our two forces combined, we could kick some serious butt in general, threatening even the SAGoons.

Though I think the prospect of joining up with the Knights is too foul for some to swallow.

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:30 am

Even if the crybabies pass us, we will pass them at a later date. They get an upswing here and there and spike their production.

I would tend to believe that quiet and silencing PC's (what we are about) is a trend that is gaining momentum at a greater rate than homage to an OS.

Hopefully their influx of new folders will, change their whiney crybaby demeanor that they have demonstrated when we passed them in the past.

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:47 am

:)

M

alcimedes

Post by alcimedes » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:49 am

Hopefully their influx of new folders will, change their whiney crybaby demeanor that they have demonstrated when we passed them in the past.
lol, now that's not very nice. i'm sure our teams will be passing eachother by a few more times in the coming months. as long as we keep climbing the ranks, there's nothing to cry about.

lenny
Patron of SPCR

Post by lenny » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:39 am

sthayashi wrote:You know, a while back, I thought it would have been awesome if we merged with KWSN, just to hold back those Mac guys. Plus with our two forces combined, we could kick some serious butt in general, threatening even the SAGoons.
You're posting this because it's April 1st, right? Or are you going for the "temporary insanity" defense? :-)
sthayashi wrote:Though I think the prospect of joining up with the Knights is too foul for some to swallow.
Or breathe...

speedfreak

Post by speedfreak » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:06 pm

Sure is quiet, I mean silent, over here today.

AZBrandon
Friend of SPCR

Post by AZBrandon » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:38 pm

speedfreak wrote:Sure is quiet, I mean silent, over here today.
Some of us are busy setting up new toys that FedEx delivered today. :)

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:57 pm

Who let the dwarves out?! Who, who, who?! Who let the dwarves out?! Yet another 42 dwarves join us in the mines! To your 1! Hope you got a lot of toys from the FedEx fairy! :lol: We are takin' care of business! Yep, you guessed it! Thanks BTO!
If things were easy as fishing you could be a musician
If you could make sounds loud or mellow
Get a second hand guitar
Chances are you'll go far
If you get in with the right bunch of fellows
People see you having fun just a lying in the sun
And tell them that you like it this way
It's the work that we avoid and we're all self employed
We love to work at nothing all day

And we've been takin' care of business everyday
Takin' care of business every way
We've been takin' care of business it's all right
Takin' care of business and working overtime

Take good care of my business
When I'm away
Everyday

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:05 pm

susato

Post by susato » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:20 pm

You silent types are really hanging in there! Your recruiters all deserve congratulations for bringing in crowds of new people - many of them with some serious folding muscle. Your energy, resolve and competitive spirit represent the very best of Folding. My hat's off to you.

Best wishes to all of you worthy opponents as our two teams go down to the wire in the race to pass EOC.

Fold on!

susato
Folding with team Mac OS X

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:58 pm

susato wrote:You silent types are really hanging in there! Your recruiters all deserve congratulations for bringing in crowds of new people - many of them with some serious folding muscle. Your energy, resolve and competitive spirit represent the very best of Folding. My hat's off to you.

Best wishes to all of you worthy opponents as our two teams go down to the wire in the race to pass EOC.

Fold on!

susato
Gotta love it, a Mac'r with class :)

Dave

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:06 pm

"Your recruiters all deserve congratulations for bringing in crowds of new people"

Yes, but your recruiters have added a hundred or so new folders to your active list over the last week or so?

Good numbers on the active folders list! Nearly triple ours.

But you need to fold a little faster.

AND a lot quieter!!!!!

roym@arm
-- Vendor --

Post by roym@arm » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:55 pm

dasman wrote:
susato wrote:You silent types are really hanging in there! Your recruiters all deserve congratulations for bringing in crowds of new people - many of them with some serious folding muscle. Your energy, resolve and competitive spirit represent the very best of Folding. My hat's off to you.

Fold on!

susato
Gotta love it, a Mac'r with class :)

Dave
I agree Dave...but also I think she's trying to soften us up... :wink: she's confident they are going to win the EOC race....but we'll see if there is any nitrous left in this tank...we have not given up the ship yet... :lol:

We'll just have to keep folding :P

RoyM

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:29 pm

Take it how you may, this one may come down to the wire. I love it because it means that we are putting out WU's like crazy, both teams making record highs. I just plan on our record being higher than yours!

susato

Post by susato » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:15 pm

More food for thought - When I started folding nearly 6 months ago both teams were producing on the order of 15 to 17K ppd. Now both teams are in the 28-30K ppd range. Almost doubled our productivity in that time. (Sure wish I could get those kind of returns in the stock market) Viewed another way, the combined gain to the Pande group is equivalent to a 26K ppd team with something over 250 active members. That's a top-30 team right there. In fact, Vijay Pande should invite us to Palo Alto and give us a a tour of the lab as a reward.

(Enjoying SPCR silence...) I volunteer! (...once again enjoying the silence)

And speaking of top 30 teams, thanks for the heads-up in your forum a while back about the Danish team that's flying up the ranks. Both of our teams will have to reckon with them before long. Roy, if you are looking for some nitrous, better stock up now before the Danes corner the market!

All the best,
susato

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:25 pm

Be careful susato, you are in danger of ruining your teams reputation here! :twisted:

David

speedfreak

Post by speedfreak » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:33 pm

I have to admit you guys are really holding you own. SPCR is humming right along. Really quietly hough I hope. :D

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:52 am

Sure wish I could get those kind of returns in the stock market
That's an easy one! Bought plenty of Apple stock when it was $15/share about a 18 months ago. And as of yesterday (AAPL 27.11 +0.26%). Got to love it! Must be related to all the new folders that have joined our team! :lol: I'm not complaining! I'm torn! Do I cash some stock in to buy more Macs?! I suppose I'm still investing in my remaining stock! Hmmmm! So many decisions, so little time! :) Just fold it!