6 point WU?

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

sonofdbn

6 point WU?

Post by sonofdbn » Fri May 28, 2004 1:00 am

I just noticed on the EOC stats that one of my (few) machines uploaded a WU which was worth only 6 points! Are there such work units? Or is there a penalty for late WUs (I thought there were just no points given)? I suspect it might be from a PC I had to switch off for a week.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun May 30, 2004 11:01 am

Work Units turned in late are worth 0 points. AFAIK, not partial credit is given.

Work Units aborted prior to completion (but turned in before the deadline) are given partial points. These WU's are not worth anything to Stanford, but they grant partial points to avoid the wrath of angry (albeit irrational) users.

David

sonofdbn

Post by sonofdbn » Mon May 31, 2004 5:45 pm

How would one abort a WU and then turn it in? Actually I don't really want to know the specifics, but was more wondering if there was some hiccough in my system which might have led to this. I don't believe I ever intentionally aborted a WU, much less submitted it, so it's a mystery, albeit a minor one.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon May 31, 2004 6:30 pm

WU's abort for a variety of reasons, the most common being "simulation instability" from overclocking. It's not something you would ever do on purpose. Check the log files FAHlog.txt and FAHlog-Prev.txt to see what happened.

David

sonofdbn

Post by sonofdbn » Mon May 31, 2004 11:43 pm

Thanks, David - that was exactly it: "simulation instability".