What Can Go Wrong IS

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

unregistered

What Can Go Wrong IS

Post by unregistered » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:20 pm

@*%?#%!!!!!!

Well I am feeling a little GREY right now. I had to go out of town to see a sick (now deceased) relative. I got back yesterday, this AM my 600 pt gromac was at 247/250 (last I checked) and my computer crashed. It looks like my quiet spinpoint will be a warranty issue.

Anyhow, the good news is that I had just cloned my drive to an external just a few days before I left. I use Acronis and am very happy with it!! I am now working on a WU that I already turned in and would like to abort it and get another. I don't know what is the easiest way to do this although I am 190/250 it might be easier to just let it run.

What do you think?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your relative :(
The work directory contains the current unit's data, it should be as simple as deleting it.

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:16 pm

I was awoken by this loud noise, sounded like a gunshot in my front yard. My fist thought was WTF!!!! I went to turn on the light and it didn't work. Then I head my UPS sounding off and realized that the dropdown fuse on the transformer in front of my house had BLOWN AGAIN. It happens quite often. I got up, shut down my computer and went back to sleep.

My computer will no longer boot. I swapped a PSU, Mainboard, Ram, video card and Harddrive(that is pretty much everything). No boot. It was getting ready to boot and suddently sounded like lady fingers going off. I double checked and everything was hooked up right. I dragged my old Win 98 box out and that is what I am using now. For some reason it is too unstable to fold, keeps freezing.

Now I am so busy at work that I do not have time for anything else. If I have a good week or so I will have some time to get back up and running. I hate not folding!!!!!!!!!

BTW Samsung sent me another replacement drive, very quickly I might add, great service.