Found a new sig

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Found a new sig

Post by Wrah » Thu May 08, 2003 2:36 am

..since the other one ain't working anymore and I don't think it's coming back up soon (unless you're willing to 'donate' something to the guy that runs it). Read all about it on ww.statgfx.com.

I found a new sig on the Liquidninjas site that is still free. Read all about it here. By default is has the liquidninjas team skin, but it supports custom skins and background etc. They still have to finish the interface with which you can config your own skin though. But they say they are happy to make one for other teams if you ask them. The only condition (nothing is for free) is that the liquidninjas url is visible somewhere in the sig. Sounds fair to me. So if you all like this sig we can make a spcr skin.

Mr_Smartepants

Post by Mr_Smartepants » Thu May 08, 2003 2:47 am

Yup, works great!

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Thu May 08, 2003 2:48 am

For those that don't wanna read the whole manual, this is what you have to put in your sig:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.liquidninjas.net/dc/ln_dc_sig.php?xteam=31574&xuser=Playername[/img]
And just replace playername with your name.

I don't know btw if there are more choices of skins already available. I looked around on the forums there and found one guy using a skin different from default:

Looks prettier, but too little info I think.
Anyway, the skin name is f_marb. Just add "&xskin=f_marb" to the url, behind the playername, but before the img tag.

riffst3r

Post by riffst3r » Thu May 08, 2003 7:09 am

i like mine better :P

Tigr
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Tigr » Thu May 08, 2003 12:05 pm

Let me try it, let me try it! Oooooh...

riffst3r

Post by riffst3r » Thu May 08, 2003 9:42 pm

Radeonman wrote:
riff wrote:i like mine better :P
Riff is using a DELL! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
tell me about it :(

but sadly, i'm lost at sea in st kitts. meaning i'll have to import everything. um.. i can't find that many online shops that'll ship to the middle of the caribbean, and those that would, i end up paying a lot on shipping (think $30 - $50 and more per part). dell was the only company that does, apart from voodoopc and maybe alienware. i hated the idea of buying a mass produced machine. ewwugh. after i got here, i bought a 120GB hard disk from ebay back in august. the hdd was a good deal at $140. but i spent $60 on shipping through USPS. same thing for my tv tuner i got for $80 on ebay, but spent $50 on shipping. :cry:

so... it sucks. but hey, it's quiet :wink:

rpc180
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by rpc180 » Fri May 09, 2003 4:56 am

The Carribean? That's a great place to end up! How are your silent PC temps down there with all the ambient heat?

riffst3r

Post by riffst3r » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:08 pm

rpc180 wrote:The Carribean? That's a great place to end up! How are your silent PC temps down there with all the ambient heat?
i've got a silent air-con unit :P, my temps hardly rise over 45C with ambient temps being around 25-26 C. pretty impressive i think, with a passive heatsink and only one low rpm 120mm fan.

Radeonman, infact, before i started folding, it was almost impossible for me to have a uptime of more than a couple days. i guess the folding made her a bit more tamed :)

the best way to make a brand-name computer work reliable is, completely reformat the hard drive, throw away all the discs except for the OS, and download drivers elsewhere. like, on my system, only my soundcard drivers and keyboard software is from dell, everything else is from the web. and um, i love my computer dearly, and she hasn't crashed on me yet this year. though last year, i had a few icky spots, but once the dell software was out, she's become so graceful :D

oh and, antivirus software are highly overrated. i haven't used any since last september.