Nvidia GPU folding question

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

disphenoidal

Nvidia GPU folding question

Post by disphenoidal » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:54 pm

I've started folding on my 8800GT, but I'm not entirely sure that I've set up the client correctly. All I needed to do was download the CUDA drivers from Nvidia and download the new client, and it started right up.

But in the display it says the current work unit name is "test protein A," and it only runs about 60 iterations/second. Additionally, it says "Core is not running now" underneath the donor section of the display.

Have I neglected to do something in the setup, or will this work itself out?

Thanks!

spookmineer
Patron of SPCR

Post by spookmineer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:57 pm

You have opened the visualization display, which currently has a bug: it will shut down the core.

If you restart the client, you can see if it's working by hovering the mouse over the icon (and if you have monitoring for the video card enabled, temps will go up).
They are working on a new client version, therefor I never opened up the display again, since I first got that error.
The client is stable but I always pause it before playing a game or watching a movie.

disphenoidal

Post by disphenoidal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Watched pot never boils, I suppose. I let it run without opening the visualization and now it goes, goes, goes. Damn, this client is much faster than I expected.