SMP Reinstall

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DavidG

SMP Reinstall

Post by DavidG » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 pm

One of my boxes stopped folding. The client expired. Downloaded the new client. Installed the new SMP tool. Configured FAH with "-configonly".

Started up the service, but it was not running as SMP. Realized I forgot to change the service startup parameters. So I used regedit to change the service parameters to include "-smp -deino".

Restarted, then rebooted, but still only using a single core (well it bounces between them).

Is it behaving this way because it started working on the work unit? Is it going to switch to SMP when it starts a new core? Should I just cancel the work unit?

It sure would be nice if they got the install process automated. :D

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:36 pm

Initially I did the upgrade by just replacing the exe file, first time I ever have seen that. As I had problems uploading (known and many affected) I did a whole new install - for nothing.

I have not seen your condition before, but just let this one WU finish. There's a new advanced parm where you can store the -smp setting so you don't need to keep using it.

People with problems are being told to go back to version 5.91, who's expiration has been changed to November of this year.

Good luck