It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shocking event!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:24 pm 
Patron of SPCR

if you look on folding.extremeoverclocking.com you might notice something interesting.... Overclockers Australia has actually exceeded [H]ardOCP's points in the past 24 hours and week :shock: !

The other thing I think is interesting is the production of KWSN_MilleniumKnight, working for the evil Knights Who Say Ni. I suggest someone sends a ninja (since their silent of course) to go convince him to fold for SPCR! :) of course if that fails, how about a bribe? MikeC secretly told me he would pay for such a thing! :) (so secretly, he doesn't even know about it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:27 pm 
*Lifetime Patron*

heh, overtake is scheduled on Valentine's Day ... 2006. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:20 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

You know overall competetion has not been a good thing for humanity. Just think what could be done if everybody worked together to solve a problem versus competing against each other.

Here we are actually doing just that, but it's disguised like we are competing against each other. The "ego" business of being #1 is being put to good use, for a change. I just hope as we pass others, and Ni passes us, we don't experience a new problem - Folding Rage!

Last edited by aristide1 on Wed May 28, 2003 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:00 am 
Patron of SPCR

aristide1- I've heard people people argue for cooperation before. The problem is.... I can't think of a single succesful long term cooperative... anything. Take, for example, competing businesses vs. a monopoly.... the competing one is much more succesful. Our entire economy is based on competition, and it's the most succesful one in the world. Russia went for a cooperative economy, and look where they've ended up.....

hmm, Folding rage.... sounds fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:13 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

Maybe I worded it bad. We should be competing to beat a goal, not each other.

Russia? Cooperation there was a theory. You can't order it, you need to be driven by a common goal. During WWII in London, when German bombings would occur everybody watched out for all children, not just their own. That was a real feeling of solidarity. This country during WWII it's beat them or forget your way of life. In essence cancer is like that, beat it forget everything you know. Compare it to dictators, who's killed more people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:28 am 

I think both of you have some good points. But in this case, competition between F@H teams is actually achieving the goals of Stanford faster than co-operation would. We are all racing towards the same prize, and everyone's contribution helps. But if my desire to fend of "The Knights Who Say Ni" causes me to add another computer to the cause, I'm really just increasing the rate at which we are all hurtling towards a real breakthrough in gene therapy. Everyone wins.

Except those dirty Knights. They will DIE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:35 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

Quote:
But in this case, competition between F@H teams is actually achieving the goals of Stanford faster than co-operation would

Actually they are using competition to create cooperation. It's very shrewd.

I'm getting the urge to put my old pieces together and start up another folding pc.

Kinda sorry now my last upgrade didn't take me to a P4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:55 am 
Patron of SPCR

wussboy wrote:

My thoughts exactly, who here has experience in breaking and entering, and similar crimes? :)

That would be a hard crime to solve... Who could have stolen the 128 node folding farm? not Zhentar who's production suddenly multiplied by 500 last night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:18 pm 

can i get one too please?

http://www.riffst3r.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:16 pm 
Patron of SPCR

Riff: I'm sure [H]ard has some to spare :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:09 am 

Location: KWSN Orbiting Fortress, in geosync orbit above the Republic of Texas
Zhentar wrote:
wussboy wrote:

My thoughts exactly, who here has experience in breaking and entering, and similar crimes? :)

That would be a hard crime to solve... Who could have stolen the 128 node folding farm? not Zhentar who's production suddenly multiplied by 500 last night....

I am shocked! What did we crazy knights do to provoke such animosity from you guys? Threats of bribery and severe bodily injury indeed.... :mrgreen:

Extremeoverclocking has you guys scheduled to fall to our Knightly power on June 7th... And there is only one way to prevent that... Beg, Borg, or Steal more b0x3n...

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:22 am 

Alarm! Alarm! We have been infilitrated!

Ha ha. But seriously, thanks for posting. That was funny. We were just joking around, as you are our only threat. On a completely different note, what is your street address? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:34 am 
*Lifetime Patron*

KWSN_MajorKong wrote:
Extremeoverclocking has you guys scheduled to fall to our Knightly power on June 7th... And there is only one way to prevent that... Beg, Borg, or Steal more b0x3n...

And what if we bring you a shrubbery ? :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:17 am 
Kostik wrote:
KWSN_MajorKong wrote:

And what if we bring you a shrubbery ? :mrgreen:

Heh! You cannot bribe us, we are "The Knights who say NI!"

Bring us a shrubbery and we will tell you to go and cut down a tree with a ...HERRING!

Ni! :mrgreen:

P.S. I do not think much of your smilies.. we've had loads more than this for... erm :roll: ... days!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:19 am 
KWSN Sir FurryMark wrote:
P.S. I do not think much of your smilies.. we've had loads more than this for... erm :roll: ... days!!! :twisted:

... and no avatars either!! :shock:

Ni! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:45 am 

Run away! Run away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:59 pm 
Patron of SPCR

I can't beleive we are being beaten by such insanity...

on second thought I can. It takes nothing less to build the really nice folding farms :)