I'd like to fold with you guys

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Buddabing

I'd like to fold with you guys

Post by Buddabing » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:55 pm

I've got an old K6-2/400 that was in my attic. I've now got the command line client running on it. My handle and my username are two different things. It looks like work units submitted from the command line client and the screen saver submit under the handle (the non-changeable 8-character name). The Windows application, though, appears like it submits work units under the user name, not the handle.

Another note: I can change the team number on the user screen on the screen saver but I can't change the current team value in the drop box in the "Statistics and Values" screen on the web page the to the SPCR team. It doesn't appear as one of the drop box values.

So, how am I supposed to associate my user name with my handle?

TIA,
Buddabing

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:08 pm

To tell you the truth, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :)
In both the console client and the graphical client you only have to fill in a username and the teamnumber. I don't know what you mean with handle nor recognize the other things you mention.

I have a feeling you have accidentely mixed up Folding@home with Distributed Folding, since that does use a handle.. :)
We're doing Folding@Home, you can download the client here.

Buddabing

Post by Buddabing » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:21 pm

Wrah wrote:To tell you the truth, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :)
That is normal :)
I have a feeling you have accidentely mixed up Folding@home with Distributed Folding, since that does use a handle.. :)
We're doing Folding@Home, you can download the client here.
I thought those were one and the same. :oops: Problem solved! In a week or so I may have a work unit to contribute!

Buddabing

wussboy

Post by wussboy » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:50 pm

Glad you joined us, Buddabing. We appreciate your efforts, no matter how small the may seem.