Joining up...

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Joining up...

Post by Zyzzyx » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:53 pm

Well, I've now joined the SPCR folding effort. I'd had my own little team going, folks from my EverQuest guild (yeah, I'm one of THOSE people).

Right now I've got a few computers going. A P4-2.4 at work. And then my collection at home:

AMD 1700 (1.47?)
AMD 1400 (1.2?) <- currently piecing together, up and going soon (just installed 2k, and now its stuck in a reboot loop, its an iffy m/b, so dunno)
P3-566
P2-300
K6-2/200 - well, not anymore. it couldn't work fast enough, and the stress would lock and reboot it sometimes. not good since that's my webserver

I've got an old dual cpu Pentium Pro 200 that I'm bringing online as well. Kinda curious to see how well it works.

One thing with all these systems at 100% cpu usage.... don't need the heater on in my room.

Zyzzyx

- don't try to build a new computer after a couple beers on an empty stomach

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:13 am

Break the crack! I've been clean for 9 months now! Actually, thats not entirely true; I've logged in a couple times to give an account to a friend.

What server are you on?

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:22 pm

Eh... its the people, not the game, that keeps me playing.

Currently playing a 58 rogue and 41 beastlord on Xev. The guild I'm with has been together for over three years, across two servers (started on Rallos Zek).

Also currently at 146 in SPCR Folding standings. Be curious to see how I compare to the other folks just starting out. Heck, that's why I swapped over, wanted more folks to compare against. (that, and having a team back in 342nd place doesn't give you user information at extremeoverclocking stats)

Zhentar
Patron of SPCR

Post by Zhentar » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:14 pm

I quit because the game was preventing me from enjoying the people; once PoP came out I found it nearly impossible to get a group. I thought I'd take a break, and during it my guild disbanded... it was the third one in a row (the first actually still hasn't disbanded but it sort of died) and I didn't want to go through the experience of finding a guild that had a reasonable number of friends from my previous one and joining it....

But best of all it lets my computer focus on folding, without games distracting my time... except the down time I've spent tinkering with my computer since I quit far outweighs the CPU usage of any game :)

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:27 pm

Gotta love the standings at the bottom end. Moved up 9 spots in the last 24 hours. :p

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:53 pm

Woohoo!! Into the top 100!

And just got the 2nd AMD 1.4 system going, hopefully that'll put me yellow. :D