1. Are they all different sizes?
2. Why is the 500 unit processing at a significantly faster rate? (I am not using my computer any different today)
3. It took about 38 hrs for this first WU and a score of 71 posted at the rankings website does this sound right?
4. Are there any tweaks to speed up things? (besides typical computer tweaks)
5. Why am I enjoying this sooooooo much?
1: Kinda...There's 500, 400, 100 and 200, that I've seen.
2: The 500 is using the GROMACS core, whereas the 400 used the TINKER core. The GROMACS one is for different calculations (explicit rather than implicit) and has more optimizations for SSE/SSE2/3DNOW, so it works faster.
4: Kinda. With an Athlon XP, you should be running the 3.25 beta client, with the execution option "-forceasm", which will force it to use optimisations, even if it doesn't think it should. Speeds things up a bit...Also, you can convince friends to fold for you (using your username, which is case sensitive, and SPCR's team code) and SPCR (even if they don't want to give you their WUs, they can at least give 'em to SPCR by putting the team code in their config).
5: Good, clean, healthy competition, and you can help do some research at the same time. What's there not to like?