Update on EOC stats page

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Update on EOC stats page

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:04 pm

From Jason, owner/operator or EOC (posted at forums.extremeoverclocking.com):
Well Murphy's Law never seems to fail. I was packed up and moved almost all my stuff out this past Saturday (the 22nd) but left the folding stats server up and running, I even made sure it was accessible before I left. That way I could transition the stuff over to the permanate location since I didn't have time to do it because of work and stuff.

However, a storm came through Dallas yesterday & today and the power must of gone out, and when that does the DSL goes down too.... *sigh*

So now the stats are down until I go back to Dallas which I'm hoping will be on the 1st or 2nd of December. (I know, that's a week without folding stats!) Unless I can find some recent code on my laptop or something...

**** happens, what can I say...
So for awhile its Statsman or Dryaath/Zerothelement for our stats fix. :(

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:55 pm

Another quote in the same post from Jason too:
Well looks like I might be heading back some time this week to get more stuff, hopefully this coming Tuesday (25th)...

I'll keep everyone posted of an ETA for stats...
I hope we don't have to wait too long. I'm starting to worry for myself about this stupid adiction to stats :?

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:23 pm

I'm weaning myself from the stats this week. Hopefully should be pleasantly surprised when they're back up.

Kinda similar to the whole 'watched pot' and 'boiling water' bit.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:49 pm

Thanks for the update guys.

I must admit stats are a big thing for me.

DonP

Post by DonP » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:47 pm

My eye is starting to twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus's in the Pink Panther series of films. I need my stats!! :)

sbabb
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sbabb » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:57 am

DonP wrote:My eye is starting to twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus's in the Pink Panther series of films. I need my stats!! :)
Clouseau? He has the brains of a minkey!

This site is tiding me over. It doesn't have the neat trend graphs like EOC, though.

Zyzzyx: It looks like I may catch you by next week! My wife did mention the electric bill going up, though, so there may be some negotiation going on here.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:13 am

Yeah, yeah...

I enjoyed my 10 system setup for awhile, still dealing with being back to 3 1/2. Half computer? Yeah, got a noisy one at home I only turn on during the day while I'm at work.

Before the EOC stats went boom I'd been having more fun watching the Sharky Forums team anyway. They're still growing, but I could easily see them getting to 10k/day level, or more.

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:19 am

AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Right at the moment I can't get ANY stats - EOC dead, Arachnid firing blanks and even Stanford are out "The Folding@Home stats server is down for maintenance. Please try back later."!

Reminds me I need to sharpen my knives and then visit a crowded place ...

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:39 pm

The EOC stats page is STILL down, but I'm glad it has "forced" me to use Arachnid's page, as it has a few interesting features. Maybe the EOC page has them too and I just didn't know it.

The ability to sort the team list by Last Day and Last Week Points is interesting. It allows you to see things in a different light. For example, I am currently in 69th place, but my Last Week Points are 10th best on the team. Frank_Condron is currently 48th on the team, but his weekly production is 7th.

I do not like the color coding legends. Our top producers are only Green. Geez. Puts the top TOP producers points in perspective I guess, when even TRC-13, Lockheed, and bkh rate no better than Green. Lockheed is darn close to Orange (1000 daily points)

I like how the "Upcoming Conquests" table can be expanded to 50. :D

David

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:09 am

He! I'm #22 last week! W00t!!!

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:53 am

EXTREME Overclocking.com forum thread "Is the EOFC stats page down??"
Jason said
Either Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember I'm so sleep-deprived right now) we made another trip to Dallas to get more stuff and rather than try to get the server up and running there I figured I would just take it with me.

Tomorrow I've got to clean up my new office before hooking up all the computer stuff, but I hope to have the folding stats back up some time this weekend if all goes according to plan.
Later in the same thread, someone volunteered to "mirror" the stats page, which, if the offer is accepted, would minimize future outages. This one has been painful! :lol:

David

DonP

Post by DonP » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:49 pm

btw.. as to alternative stats pages.. I found this one:
http://statsman.ww-testsites.co.uk/folding2stats/html/

Not sure if I'm not missing something (I'm pretty sure it's up-to-date) but I think it's ok.. it has forecasts like EOC has, but 0th element doesn't.

Cosine

Post by Cosine » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:00 pm

EOC's page is back up... YAH! Look at all the funny stats...

Cos

p.s. Dammit tangled you are really getting to be a thorn in my side... will sell children for clock cycles...

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:34 pm

Heh... yup, funky stats.

Gonna take a week to get some of it straightened out. Then another month wait to get the trend lines proper again.

Still, nice to have it back.

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:26 pm

Yes, really funny stats. I'm even yellow :D. I hope I will be trully yellow sometime.

sbabb
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sbabb » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:48 pm

Never seen so many teams in the red!

I'm orange, but according to the trend line I've been in negative points for the last four days!

8)

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:33 pm

if it weren't for some minor tweaking i might be green.

NeilBlanchard

They're back!

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:32 pm

They're back!!!!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

:D

And I'm yellow.... :twisted:

DonP

Re: They're back!

Post by DonP » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:55 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:They're back!!!!
(Check five messages back.. the message by Cosine :))

Anyone knows what's going on with the time for updates? It used to be on three hour boundaries (i.e. 1200,0300,0600 etc..) for about 30 min but now I can't see much of a pattern, either in start time or duration.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:04 pm

No clue, Don.

I do know that Jason is working on the next version of the stats pages. Not only including some extra goodies that have been requested, but also making it so that the stats remain visible while the database is updated. Haven't heard an ETA on that yet though.

And yeah, I think he did change the update time by one hour. I haven't been there enough to catch the new update time though.

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:37 am

He just delay it one hour. 1 am, 4, 7... . He did it to synchronize with Stanford status, now you don't have to wait 3 hours to see in Jason's stats what it's reflected in Stanford's

TRC-13
Patron of SPCR

Post by TRC-13 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:20 am

Finally the surge is gone from the stats page. Now the detail can be shown again :)

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:38 am

That's good. I'm tired of seeing that picture of the Iraqi Information Minister.

Something else good - the glitch (where a weeks worth of points was posted on one day) from them being down is now over a month old, so the Production History/Future is once again useful.

David

[Edit] :oops: [/Edit]
Last edited by haysdb on Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:03 pm

You'll still see the Information Minister, that's the overload page.

TRC was referring to what you then commented on, the production spike from a month ago when EOC was down is now gone. I'd take a look myself, but the Information Minister is telling me it never happened.