FAH LogStats 0.70 Released

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

FAH LogStats 0.70 Released

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:02 pm

Thread at Folding-community.org about it.

FAH LogStats homepage

Got a few new goodies in it.

CoolGav

Post by CoolGav » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:04 am

Looks really interesting. :D As a new folder I hadn't seen it before, but now I can see more detailed stats on the CPUs that are folding on my LAN. Shame I have some at work, and some at home...

Can it do Linux stats as well? - I have 1 box running Gentoo thats slowly cranking out the units... And will probably add more in the future...

he he! A real slow folder I have going... :roll:

mormakil

Post by mormakil » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:08 am

I've just downloaded it, let's hope this time it can show PPD/PPW.

It does Linux Stats. You can do it sharing F@H folder with Samba or with ftp

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:46 am

Ouch, definitely not worth doing a Tinker core on a box that slow. Try deleting the Work directory and starting it up again. With a Gromacs you might have a chance of finishing the WU before its deadline.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:11 am

This is a slick little tool. It's handy for comparing the various machines I now have in my arsenel. The interface is very streamlined, it's drop dead easy to use, and it's fast.

David

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:04 am

Just now trying it out?

I've been loving it for awhile now. And actually, I just fired up EMIII again, for the different stats it provides. Now have FAHStats and EMIII running side by side on my secondary system. Great fun.

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:10 pm

I had EMIII and LogStats running side by side and finally stopped using EMIII. Actually the only reason I've been using EMIII lately was the immediate score (the one LogStats shows is delayed I think).

Anyway, LogStats is clearly a superior piece of software for me, and is definitely written much much better.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:29 pm

Zyzzyx wrote:Just now trying it out?
I tried 0.69 a few weeks ago. I used it a few times and went back to using EMIII. I still prefer the visual look of EM3, but now that I have more machines, some of them Linux, LogStats provides more information, it deals gracefully with my Linux log files (EMIII does not wrap lines correctly), it seems to be less fussy about file protections on the Linux server, and the PPD and PPW figures are handy for comparing my varied hardware.

If I could request a feature, it would be to monitor the point production from each machine over a longer period of time. The PPD figure ranges widely depending on the protien.

David

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:02 am

haysdb wrote:If I could request a feature, it would be to monitor the point production from each machine over a longer period of time. The PPD figure ranges widely depending on the protien.
Get in touch with the author, Buzzard, over in the Third Party forum at Folding Community, or directly off his website. He seems to be quite good at getting back to folks about the program.

I don't watch the PPD that much, I look more at the PPW, but its just 7x difference. Agreed though, it would be nice to have it average over the last 10 frame times for the protein instead of just taking the most recent frame time for points calculation. Might just go mention to him myself...

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:59 am

More than just multiple frames, I'd like it to average over multiple WU's. I wouldn't want the current behavior to change, I'd just want it as an option somehow. What I'm having trouble getting a handle on is how does one machine compare with another? Unless they are folding the same protein, the PPW aren't really comparable. But over multiple Proteins, the picture should become clearer.

David