Electron microscope re-intall question

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

TheScarf

Electron microscope re-intall question

Post by TheScarf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Hi all, a quick question regarding this useful little tool.
When I completely remove the old EMIII files and try and reload a freshly unzipped EMIII.exe, it still comes up with all my old settings. I couldn't find any other locations that old files might be residing, so I'm not sure how its finding other boxes on the network without me telling it that they're there! It keeps telling me there's a network error on one box, when F@HLogstats tells me everything's fine....any ideas??

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:12 pm

Does EMIII use the Registry? I did not think so, but if you deleted EMIII and all files in the EMIII folder, I don't know where else it would be getting that information.

The network error may be caused by the lack of WRITE access. LogStats only neads READ access, but EMIII requires WRITE access to some files in the F@H directories.

Is the network error a "hard" error? Does it ever go away? If you double-click on the little computer icon that is showing red, does it always come back red or does it sometimes stay green?

David

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:13 pm

Duplicate post
Last edited by haysdb on Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:31 pm

Just did a reg search and found a key with the value EMIII, so being the inquisitive type, deleted it. No difference. The F@H folder on the other machine has been set to allow network users to change files etc. so that shouldn't be a problem. When you double-click the red computer icon, it goes green for about 3-4 secs, then always goes back red. If only I could get rid of the old settings, and reconfigure from scratch, I might be able to eliminate more variables myself.... :?

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:41 pm

thanks heaps, tangled (and haysdb :) ), that works, will redo the settings and see what happens...

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:26 pm

done, everthing's cool. 8)

And one last thanks to everyone who offered advice/tips in other recent threads. Went from one pc running a graphical client to three boxes all running a console through firedaemon, happily being monitored with EMIII and F@HLogstats and set up with (for me) minimum of stuffing round!!

Cheers, Dave.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:13 pm

DEFINITELY cool.