Landmarks achieved: 2 million points, 100k ppw

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Buddabing

Landmarks achieved: 2 million points, 100k ppw

Post by Buddabing » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:10 am

Props to the team for achieving these significant milestones!

Although the MacOS guys aren't "a threat", they are only 11k points behind, so we need to really pour it on. Our points per day graph is sloping up and theirs is sloping down. Hopefully we can get some separation.

Looking ahead, the Knights are only 3K or so PPW ahead of us. With a bit more ramping we could catch them. Wouldn't that be funny after all the posts from "Fart in your general direction" and the other loonies on that team?

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:55 am

I've been thinking about that as well. The Knights stopped through the forums here just before I joined up with the SPCR team.

It would be damn cool to catch up to them.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:36 pm

Team MacOS X says we are nothing be a "bump in the road" as they look past us to overtaking the other Mac team. :x

But rather than get sidetracked by THAT little bump in the road, yes, we as a team do deserve a little pat on the backside for hitting the 2 million point mark, and for achieving 100K PPW in production. That's a lotta WU's and a lot of simulation time for the project.

David
Last edited by haysdb on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Choy

Post by Choy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:24 am

What has happened over the last month or so? The ramping of the team is huge! Where did we find these extra 50% of processing power?

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:01 am

Choy wrote:What has happened over the last month or so? The ramping of the team is huge! Where did we find these extra 50% of processing power?
Everywhere. New members, old members, big folders, little folders. Folks are leaving their machines on more of the time, Borging whatever they can reach, fixing machines that have been broken, and firing up machines that have been adle. As a team we have just raised our game.

The question is how long we can and will sustain this pace. I suspect if Team MacOS X manages to overtake us, and open a gap, interest will wane and production will ebb. But I don't buy in that it's inevitable that they will overtake us. I believe we can stay ahead of them.

David

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:36 am

Buddabing, I've been thinking about changing my id to Buddaboom. 8)