Quieting a PC, and SPCR... in a nutshell

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

gerito

Quieting a PC, and SPCR... in a nutshell

Post by gerito » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:51 am

Teffy Friend of SPCR Location: USA PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006
Shadowknight, thanks so much for this post/thread/FAQ! I am a silent PC newbie who would like to build my own. I have spent many hours reading on this site, and was getting overwhelmed by all the information. Your post is helping me to "bring it all together." Maybe there is hope for me after all... Smile
In much the same condition as Teffy, I stumbled upon this thread very early this morning. I have been reading it ever since and now simply want to echo what he said.

Shadowknight PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:20 pm
Honestly beginning to wonder if I should delete this entire thread, just seems worthless to me for some reason. I've been thinking about this for a few months, I'll have to think about it some more.

May I quote one of your fellow Americans?
"You cannot be serious!" :)

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:45 pm

Honestly beginning to wonder if I should delete this entire thread, just seems worthless to me for some reason. I've been thinking about this for a few months, I'll have to think about it some more.
May I quote one of your fellow Americans?
"You cannot be serious!" Smile
Eh, after reading this thing 90 times while updating it, I've come to dub myself "Captain Obvious." Pretty much all of this is regurgitated everytime another commercial website does yet another quiet computer article, or everytime someone asks about making a quiet computer without research it first on messagboards like at anandtech, ocforums, hardforums, etc.

Maybe my perspective is just really skewed about how useful this thread is. I dunno.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:09 pm

After two months a lot of this was outdated, so I added/removed a few minor things here and there, added some links to recent reviews by SPCR or nici (for his hard drive enclosure roundup). Oh, and on page 2 I added a few "fun" links on SPCR discussions, such as people kidding about silence addiction. Nothing major. BUT since I suck at editing, if ANYONE can come up with suggestions for things to add/delete/or otherwise correct, I'd appreciate it.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:36 am

Really really minor update: added links to places where you can buy the incredibly rare blue led Yate Loon and the NMT thermal-based fan controller (as well as an Evercool analog), and links to the recent fan design article and fan roundups. Just FYI, for peope looking for the NMT and YL in America.

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Thu May 03, 2007 5:56 pm

??? Did anybody get a "reply" post for this thread tonight? I got an e-mail, clicked on the link, and it said that the post I was looking for did not exist.

qviri

Post by qviri » Thu May 03, 2007 6:00 pm

There was a message here, already edited when I saw it, that said the poster posted in the wrong thread and asking for it to be deleted.

(I believe that this was a means of having more than one post so that the member could post links in his other forum message. Perhaps we should suggest that these "first posts" be placed in the test forum?)

Quinnbeast

Post by Quinnbeast » Fri May 04, 2007 11:17 am

Yeah, that was my opening post. I was trying to add a couple of links as part of a post on cpu/mobo forum in response to a query about intel P4 boards. I didn’t realise that I needed an initial post in order to use links, and so quickly posted here, only to later notice that the test forum would have suited better for a quick first post.

I then edited just to say it could be deleted if necessary.

A confusing start, even by my standards. Sorry ;)

(And hello!)

qviri

Post by qviri » Fri May 04, 2007 11:47 am

Quinnbeast wrote:(And hello!)
Welcome to SPCR!

Post by 003 » Sun May 13, 2007 10:20 am

Helpful thread, thanks

Fuzzilla

Post by Fuzzilla » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Thanks Shadowknight for all the work!! This was a great read & very helpful.

Hallsy

Post by Hallsy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:41 am

Great thread, lots of info there - thanks :)

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks for the write up