Antec Solo & Zalman ZM460B-APS

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Alphapharm

Antec Solo & Zalman ZM460B-APS

Post by Alphapharm » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:49 am

It's my first post, so let me just start by thanking all spcr contributors for the information they make available. It's truly appreciated [I've been lurking for about 12 months now 8) ].

I want to know if a Zalman ZM460B-APS PSU matches an Antec Solo case.

I have no idea about form factors and the like, and so i have no idea whether the psu and case match up. Google wasn't giving me much help either. I put the links there so you can take a look at what they say the form factors are ect.

Based on reviews and articles on here i am [finally] swapping my case and psu for the said components. I have an ASUS A8N-VM CSM mb, with an AMD X2. Will any of this be conflicting?

And one other thing: The ZM460B-APS is definately different to the ZM460-APS right? Or is it just some marketing thing? Can anyone comment on the simularities/differences?

Any help would be much appreciated, as i now know more about DIY hd suspension than i do about quiet parts compatibility :lol: .

cheers

dnoiz
Patron of SPCR

Post by dnoiz » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:03 am

Regarding the PSU, take a look here :

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/ ... -psu6.html

Short piece of the cake (errr review) :

So, there is in fact no big difference between the ZM460-APS and the ZM460B-APS. The second model has a slightly higher load capacity of the +12V rail, has a second graphics card connector and two more SATA power connectors. One of its heatsinks is larger, but this doesn’t affect the speed of the fan, which is the same as with the previous model. The PSU has good parameters and stands out among its competitors with its very quiet operation. The Seasonic S-12 is the only other model that can challenge it in this respect, so the ZM460B-APS will be a good choice if you need a quiet power supply. If you’ve already bought a ZM460-APS, you should not regret your having not the latest model because the B version is just a minor improvement upon an already superb power supply.

Cheers.

Alphapharm

Post by Alphapharm » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:38 pm

thanks for the link, seems the B model is even better....

Gimp

Post by Gimp » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:32 am

edit:started a new thread instead...