Hello SPCR and users of SPCR,
First of all I'd like to thank SPCR for an excellent site with loads
of useful articles and news about silent PC parts. I have been reading this site to get inspiration to my new pc. My current PC is 4 years old and up for retirement, so I have ordered my new system (just waiting for all the parts to arrive).
New specs are:
- Antec P180B (Rev. 2)
- Intel 3.4EE ES (until the new E6420 is released in Q2)
- Thermalright Ultra 120 w/ Nexus Real Silent 120mm fan and bolt-through kit (Thanks to SPCR's review)
- Gigabyte DS3Pro
- Thermalright HR-05 NB Cooler
- 2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4
- 2x Powercolour X1950Pro Extreme 512MB
- 1x 160GB Seagate
- 4x 250GB Western Digitals
- Seasonic 650W S12+ (Thanks to SPCR's review)
- Scythe Kama bay (Thanks to Chris Thomson article Superquiet Superclocked DIY Core 2 Duo System)
- 3x Nexus Real Silent fans (We all know what SPCR thinks of these. Replaces the stock Antec TriCool's )
As for my first post, that is all.
Again, many, many thanks to SPCR and their dedication to finding the quietest PC parts and explaining how to silence your computer.
Comments, critique, bashings, flaming always welcome.