I should be sleeping, I blame you all

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

souagua

I should be sleeping, I blame you all

Post by souagua » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:14 am

Thank you. Like really. I'm an audio guy. I'm building a computer for the first time in a long time. I appreciate all the work spcr and it's members are doing. It's 4am, and I have a recording class in the morning (we just got an SSL Duality, it's a nice a board) but instead of sleeping, I'm writing my greetings to all of you. You are evil people :twisted: .

So in the past two weeks, I've been up all night, every night putting together wish lists here and there trying to build a desktop for my girlfriend and I. We will be using it for audio/school/anthro/gaming. This is not an easy task. I somehow landed on extremetech's forum and those nice people enlightened me to your existence. I've been reading around the site for about 3+ hours and now have a much better idea of what to do with my future rig. I still have a lot of things I'm tweaking and I have a lot of cost-benefit analysis ahead of me. But did I mention "thank you" for making this process a bit easier?

I'm hoping to see a review of the xclio windtunnel (unless I passed it over), and I'd like to see more on headphone setups...and that's only because I want to get in on that conversation and just tell everyone that saving a little extra and buying professional mixing headphones and a headphone amp will delight many gamers/audio enthusiasts beyond belief. I'm actually a little sad to say that my Sennheiser HD 650's have logged more hours on Europa Barbarorum and Half Life than in mixing (well, until this semester at least). But getting some high end Sony's, Grado's, Beyer-Dynamics, or Sennheisers is really the way to go. Personally, I feel you just can't beat the 650's for anything.

So one more time, thank you and I can't wait to not get any sleep tomorrow and get ever closer to my perfect (and cost-effective) build.
~S

Redzo

Post by Redzo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:01 am

Hehe don't worry it WILL get worse, just you wait till you you get what we around here call "SPCR bug" :lol:
And welcome to SPCR