Long time visitor saying Hi to SPCR

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Johann1710

Long time visitor saying Hi to SPCR

Post by Johann1710 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am

Hello all,

I've been visiting this site since 2003 after a frustrating experience with a noisy 'inexpensive' pc I picked up the previous year. SPCR steered me in the right direction and is a very thorough and trustworthy resource.

I am more of a hardware appreciator and an information gatherer, rather than a hands-on enthusiast and tinkerer. I like to see how technology, especially consumer oriented products progress. And, because I have sensitive ears and hearing, I HATE irritating noise coming from mechanical and electronic devices. Hence my interest in this site.

Due to my lack of funds and inexperience with modding, I have not built a [current] silent PC as most of you silencers out there. :( However, I am determined to have a good go at it in the near future as I already am familiar with many quiet pc parts across the board.

Since my requirements are fairly modest, I generally am not interested in 'high end' components; not even for bragging rights. 8) I am energy conscious so a current trend towards energy saving components to offset the trend in recent times for high performance energy hogs is a good and encouraging sign.