I guess I'll do a proper introduction.

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

audiojar

I guess I'll do a proper introduction.

Post by audiojar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Hello, I've recently discovered this treasure of a place and I've decided to add these forums to my list of forums to frequent.

I'm a recent grad in audio production, so I've become interested in silent computers from the DAW perspective. Even if you aren't recording in the same room as a computer, it is really nice to have a quiet space where you are listening (you are basically improving the dynamic range you are capable of hearing by lower the noise floor).

I've been building and fixing PCs most of my life now, so combing my love of technology with my interest in acoustics and having a good music producing/listening environment seems obvious.

So I'll be using this place to keep up on all the silent PC related news and info, as well as contributing, especially in the areas of electrical and acoustical theory and anything audio related.

That's all for now. Peace.

incorrect

Post by incorrect » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 pm

welcome to spcr! you might also enjoy the community at hydrogenaudio, it's centered more around lossless/lossy compression and filtering of audio, but i've found it to be an excellent resource.

Freezebyte

Post by Freezebyte » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Welcome!