First post here so be gentle
I just spent all day yesterday speccing up my first HTPC. So far I have the following components and comments/warnings/suggestions are most welcome!:
- ZOTAC NM10-DTX ION Upgrade Kit (for D510 Atom + next-gen ION)
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 x 2.5" SATA 640GB Western Digital WD6400BEVT in RAID 0
- BlackGold BGT3595 Quad TV Card (DVB-T and DVB-S/S2) - due for launch 17th May 2010
- Windows 7 Ultimate
Design goals are micro-itx SFF (for all-important WAF)
- Very quiet if not silent
- Must support Flash 10.1 apps like Hulu (I heard first gen ION and Atom 330 didn't cut it at higher resolutions).
As I'm a newcomer to the field I've identified the following outstanding questions/issues:
1) How to support audio bitstreaming of high-def audio formats? I read that you need to use one of the following three to support this: an AMD 5xxx series GPU OR an Intel core i5/i3 CPU or an HD bitstream-capable Sound Card. Is this correct or are there any other options?
2) The mobo above is unusal in that it has TWO PCI-e slots (one x16 (single channel) and one x1). However I cannot find an ITX case for the love of me that will support 2 x PCI card expansion slots - does anyone know of any? I originally wanted the Antec Antec ISK 310-150 but this only supports one PCI card.
3) Can anyone recommend a good WMC-compatible IR remote control?
4) can anyone recommend a good wife-friendly (i.e. small) keyboard that includes trackball or touchpad?
Many thanks in advance,