I must start by declaring myself rather noobish, as I haven't built a PC since around 2001, so please be gentle with my ignorance!
My dream requirements in no special order:
1. Silent when surfing/torrenting/and general normal loads
2. Dual booted Hackintosh/PC - Limited to these core components: http://www.kakewalk.se/compatibility/
3. Smallish form factor (Tend to move around a lot)
4. Somewhat Pretty
6. Powerful if needed. Serious use will be video editing, rendering and after effects(Not 3d cgi though). Casual gaming so I would need a decent mid range video card I'd think.
5. Under 1500$ (USD)
I got struck by this case, unfortunately with no review here: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=582&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63
So my first question is:Do you think this could be a good silent design case?If no, what case should I go for in stead?
(I'm no nazi on looks, but If I can get it for reasonable price, I take it) If yes, could I put in:
- dual booting system SSD or two
- storage internal HD
- firewire 800 card (use external drives a lot)
- mid range video card (bit of old school gaming, and new games on minimum settings)
- 16-64 gb ram (Video rendering and After Effects needs it)
- really powerful MB with processor
And still run nearly inaudibly silent for normal use? I can accept some noise when rendering etc..
I guess what I'm trying to do is to build a kind of half Mac Pro, just smaller, just quieter, just cheaper and just cooler lol!
IDK if this is possible though.. Any advice is welcomed with great thanks! Don't put any effort in the prices if you cannot be arsed.I promise to file you a report here in the forums when I build it.