I build a new home PC for myself about once every 10-years (I have been a software developer for over 35-years). I don't overclock, but I appreciate speed and silence. I am not on a tight budget.
PRIMARY APPLICATIONS: Outlook (email, web browsing), Photoshop (advanced; photography is a hobby), web development, etc.
PARTS ALREADY ACQUIRED:
* OS: Windows Home Prem 7 SP1 64-bit
* RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9
* HD: WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX
* DVD/CD RW (Asus)
* MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT
* CPU: Intel i7 3770 (considering not getting the standard "K" version) BX80637I73770
* CASE: Antec Performance One Series P183 V3
* PSU: Seasonic SS-560KM (X-560)
* GRAPHICS: None (Intel's HD 4000)
* SSD: Intel 520-series (180GB; I might try Intel's SRT and periodically image back-up by C: drive) SSDSC2CW180A3K5
* CPU COOLER (what will work with Corsair Vengence's tall format?)
- I have been considering a Gelid Tranquillo v2 (CC-TRANQ-02-A), but despite great reviews it is not readily available and (worse) I am not sure it will fit with my tall memory and MB combination. I haven't seen any dimensions for the motherboard's layout around the CPU/DIMM area.
* INTERNAL FANS for P183 case (MB supports 3 x 4-pin PWMs; what is quiet and well built?)
- Based on reviews, I would like to replace the P183's stock fans. Asus' MB has great fan control and could use PWM, but I haven't found many reviews of PWM fans.
* Any other suggestions, especially regarding items under my "CONSIDERING" group.
Thanks for any help -- I have been reading for several months and would like to start building!