Hello all, this is my first post to this forum.
I have ordered following parts to my new tower PC:
1. Case: Fractal Design Define XL USB3.0
2. Power supply: AX860i Corsair AXi Digital ATX PSU
3. DVD-drive: LiteOn iHES112, BD-ROM, DVD-RW
4. Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 EN OEM
5. Main board: ASRock Z77 Pro4, Z77
6. Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K, 4 x 3.40GHz, 77W, boxed
7: Processor cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
8. RAM: Corsair Vengeance DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1600), black
9: PCIe board: DeLOCK 89270, 2x SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe x1
10: Dongle: SATA-IDE-2, for old IDE HD
11. HD switch: 6 BAY HDD Hard Drive Power Switch Power Controller: Orico HD-PW6101
12. SSD 2 pcs: Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB, 2.5", SATA 6Gb/s, retail
13. HD 2 pcs: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
14. I have several additional SATA HD drives to be used in this PC
A. The PC will be situated in my livingroom. Would it be unbearable to let it run while taking a nap on the sofa?
B. Is there any concerns to use SSD-drives in the HD-switch (Orico HD-PW6101)? This HD-switch is meant to be used with SATA drives and controls only 5V and 12V power lines, not 3.3V line. Is it safe to use it with SSD drives (which are kind a SATA drive) as well.