New Forum Member Introduction

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

fb0252

New Forum Member Introduction

Post by fb0252 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:19 pm

my new quiet system:
Seasonic 520 Fanless PS
4670 Haswell CPU
Asus Pro MB with superb fan control software
Corsair 8 x 2 1866 memory
Samsung 840 pro 256g SSD
Noctua 12s Heat Sink with Noctua 120mm fan.
TJ7 open case

CPU runs at 29C/MB 26-28C. Only fan is the CPU fan running at 425 rpm

Only noise I can hear--if I put ear within 2 ft of PS hear soft fairly pleasant coil wind. Unable to hear this more than two feet out, and I have good hearing. Totally silent system. Got a lot of nice info here through the years, but silent system so easy to build now, is this site getting a little obsolete?

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Re: New Forum Member Introduction

Post by frenchie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 am

Welcome to SPCR !

Your system is quiet because you're not using much power and picked good components. It's easy if you're careful and if you read SPCR ;)

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:04 pm

fb0252 wrote:Totally silent system. Got a lot of nice info here through the years, but silent system so easy to build now, is this site getting a little obsolete?
Well your perspective might be a bit different than some of us here. I mean totally silent? How can you say that with a fan in there? And that coil whine? I couldn't stand it for a minute. ;)

Pappnaas

Post by Pappnaas » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 am

fb0252 wrote: Got a lot of nice info here through the years, but silent system so easy to build now, is this site getting a little obsolete?
Judging by the questions raised here every day, this site is far from obsolete. And even if all would stop posting right now, the contents of the forum still provides ample knowledge for those who want to know more.

Sorry, no vid guides inc.