Just a few points:
1) The SPCR P180 exists because Antec, the retailers and I all agreed that SPCR is a respected name many people may want on the P180 case, given SPCR's (my) involvement in its design. This is indeed proving to be the case, based on preorders at EndPCNoise and FrontierPC.
2) The retailers involved may make a buck or two more selling the SPCR P180 than the Antec version, but this is offset by higher costs and effort involved in bringing it to market.
3) Buying a SPCR P180 is a way for people to support SPCR, much like a direct donation to SPCR
. Many people donate directly; many more people do not. Buying a SPCR P180 lets you give a bit of support to SPCR without actually dropping your money directly into the hat on the sidewalk
, and get the bonus of a cool marque on your PC.
4) It's vaguely possible that the SPCR logo appears on various vaguely relevant merchandise. This has not been looked into seriously; no time!
5) It is more possible that the SPCR logo appears on a very select range of products specifically for the silent pc market. These will only be best of class type products or highly specialized items simply not sold or available elsewhere due to perceived lack of demand. BEcause of SPCR's highly targeted global audience, we may be able to deliver such items without as much risk. Think of it as a service for a small highly specialized global market. This too, has not been seriously considered. It's most likely that they will be added piecemeal as we stumble into them -- or get involved in designing them as with the P180.