Things that will damage SPCR's reputation

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

qviri

Things that will damage SPCR's reputation

Post by qviri » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:03 am

I've been following this for a while... entertaining.

First of all, the great issue of SPCR Designed Computer Systems. SPCR's objectivity is apparently going down the drain as we speak.

Next up, if SPCR wants to maintain its reputation, it has to test the SilenX fans. (And post the results of said test on the front page in big type.)

Finally, SPCR's credibility weakens when they praise the Antec SOLO without pointing out the obvious errors.

I'm definitely looking forward to more. I'm somewhat surprised nobody has accused SPCR of being Amerocentric and not reviewing products on the European market yet. Because that's terrible for the reputation.

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 am

First of all, the great issue of SPCR Designed Computer Systems. SPCR's objectivity is apparently going down the drain as we speak.
Anyone who talks about "objectivity" in the tech review arena is just dreaming; the best you can hope for is very thorough subjective reporting.
Next up, if SPCR wants to maintain its reputation, it has to test the SilenX fans. (And post the results of said test on the front page in big type.)
For God's sake will you let it go! Mike obviously agrees that the SilenX fans need to be reviewed, as that is what he intends to do; the only person who seems to have a problem with this is you.
Finally, SPCR's credibility weakens when they praise the Antec SOLO without pointing out the obvious errors.
You are always going to get picky complaints (which is what it was, as Mike pointed out) on a place like SPCR, by its very nature it attracts perfectionists and purists of every persuasion, because if you were a happy-go-lucky, laidback, easygoing type the noise of your computer wouldn't bother you. So it's an occupational hazard for SPCR.
I'm somewhat surprised nobody has accused SPCR of being Amerocentric and not reviewing products on the European market yet.
Well, SPCR has acted pre-emptively to forestall such an accusation by hiring a European correspondent (Nick G) and reviewing exclusively or mainly European products (ie be quiet! PSU, mcubed cases). There aren't that many components that are of interest to silencers that aren't available in both NA and EU markets.

qviri

Post by qviri » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:22 am

Hmm, and things that damage my credibility apparently include not using enough emoticons. The thread was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I'm amused by the recent outcrop of concern for this site reputation. That's all. :roll:

nici

Post by nici » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:37 am

I though it was funny.. :lol: The problem with smileys is that if there is too many, the post will look retarded :P At least that's what i think :) You may of course think otherwise, though i find that offensive :wink: One should be exceptionally good at english to make your point so it is not subject to interwahtever it is, so you can only understand it one way. :o You see what i mean? :?: I'll just continue browsing now :P

Lets throw in a funny picture and an annoying blinnkiung thing for good measure.

Pre-post edit: LEt's just forget about the blinking thing... :!:

cloneman

Post by cloneman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:16 pm

nici wrote:

:shock: :lol: :P :D

That guy's face is priceless

mb2

Post by mb2 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:30 am

nici wrote:LEt's just forget about the blinking thing... :!:
cocktease.

EndoSteel

Post by EndoSteel » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:46 am

I guess, SPCR don't have to worry about their reputation at the moment, since there are still no competitors :).

nick705

Post by nick705 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:12 pm

mb2 wrote:
nici wrote:LEt's just forget about the blinking thing... :!:
cocktease.
Yes, we want to see the blinking thing... :P